2021 Centennials Speed Record Attempt

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
JosephG
14ers: 58  9 
13ers: 171
Trip Reports (9)

Re: 2021 Centennials Speed Record Attempt

Post by JosephG »

Very impressive. As posted before, love the positive energy and style points. Congrats Andrew (and support team)! Andrea—thx for the updates, information, pics, and storytelling.

Bi-cents record next?
bassplayer7
14ers: 27 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (2)

Post by bassplayer7 »

Absolutely incredible. Great and work and congratulations to Andrew (and Andrea)!

I briefly met Andrew on top of Wetterhorn precisely two weeks ago (almost to the minute :wink:). It's amazing to think he's been scoring tens of thousands of vertical feet and miles day after day since then.

It's been fun to watch this unfold. Fantastic work!
Jorts
14ers: 58  4  2 
13ers: 102 11 5
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Jorts »

Congrats Andrew. After attempting the 14ers self-supported and realizing 1) Always need more sleep; 2) Always need more food; and 3) Always need better weather, I find this feat astonishing. Way to slay.
Traveling light is the only way to fly.
IG: @colorado_invasive
Strava: Brent Herring
Skimo95
14ers: 58  11  23 
13ers: 176 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Skimo95 »

Congratulations!!!! I’d try and put in words how epic this is, but can’t!
mtngoatwithstyle
14ers: 19 
13ers: 73 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtngoatwithstyle »

COngratulations Andrew!. I hope you are able not only to now enjoy and think about what you just accomplished, but also to see how all those mountains you were on for all these days are what makes us thrive, smile and feel like heaven ( even though some of them certainly do not always make me feel that way).
What an incredible journey it has been to follow you as I was camping and hiking around Colorado and thinking I how I would love to run into you or your support team at some point...
To Andrea,your family and the crew that has been supporting Andrew unconditionally, thank you so much for letting all of us here follow his feat and please take care of Andrew now. \:D/\
¡Felicidades!
Teresa
Never,never give up!.
Rainier_Wolfcastle
14ers: 58  12 
13ers: 260 10
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Rainier_Wolfcastle »

Congratulations Andrew and Andrea! I think the cents took me 7 years, and boy was I tired when I finished :lol: AND you did it with way more style points!!! The traverses…then reversing several traverses to save an hour or so…. =D>
Shawn
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Unbelievable! Super, super job Andrew and Andrea! What an inspiration.
CliminDave
14ers: 58 
13ers: 71
Trip Reports (4)

Post by CliminDave »

Strong work A & A! Truly a remarkable accomplishment! I greatly admire your tenacity after finding yourself on the ground, post hail, riding out of South Colony Lakes. Enjoy your down time.
mikemalick
14ers: 58  9 
13ers: 202 9
Trip Reports (8)

Post by mikemalick »

Congratulations Andrew and Andrea! Very, very impressive and inspiring!
espressoself
14ers: 33  1 
13ers: 40 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by espressoself »

I can't even fathom the level of athleticism and dedication that it took to complete this goal. What an incredible accomplishment. Congratulations!
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Post by Chicago Transplant »

Congrats on crushing another record! =D>
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Rainier_Wolfcastle wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:42 am Congratulations Andrew and Andrea! I think the cents took me 7 years, and boy was I tired when I finished :lol: AND you did it with way more style points!!! The traverses…then reversing several traverses to save an hour or so…. =D>
I just did the math, and at my current pace, it will take me 24 years to finish - more than three times your total, and 365+ times Andrew's record. Really puts things in perspective...