Quandary - Hiking Partners

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Zdbaliva
14ers: 14 
Trip Reports (0)

Quandary - Hiking Partners

Post by Zdbaliva »

I am looking for hiking partners for Quandary this weekend either 6/19 or 6/20. I currently have ten 14ers completed, mainly the one closest to Denver. I hike at a moderate rate. I would like to start as early as possible to ensure to get a parking spot. Contact me if your are interested in this weekend or would like to plan other hikes in the future.
Will_E
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 210 37
Trip Reports (21)

Re: Quandary - Hiking Partners

Post by Will_E »

Zdbaliva wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:08 pm I am looking for hiking partners for Quandary this weekend either 6/19 or 6/20. I currently have ten 14ers completed, mainly the one closest to Denver. I hike at a moderate rate. I would like to start as early as possible to ensure to get a parking spot. Contact me if your are interested in this weekend or would like to plan other hikes in the future.
You couldn’t be anywhere close to alone on Quandary in a weekend in June if you wanted to.
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

At least thousand any summer weekend.

Plus the Ghost of Horton.
Carl_Healy
14ers: 19  3 
13ers: 50 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Carl_Healy »

You're presumably looking at standard route?
(East Ridge)

As others have alluded to it's a very popular route that'll have plenty of people on it on any given weekend (or any given weekday for that matter). Class 1, very well established trail.
Start early, if anything to gain a good parking spot.

If you're still looking for a partner in spite of all this let us all know.
If you can't run, you walk
If you can't walk, you crawl
If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Ptglhs »

Will_E wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 pm You couldn’t be anywhere close to alone on Quandary in a weekend in June if you wanted to.
I doubt you could be alone on quandary nearly any day of the year. Maybe during the week, during a blizzard, early enough in December that you wouldn't get winter credit and there wasn't enough snow to ski.
Zdbaliva
14ers: 14 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Zdbaliva »

Hey everyone, thanks for the replys. I am aware that it is a super popular well established trail. I was posting more so as a friendly outreach to find people willing to join me on the hike and possibly others in the future as I intend to hike other 14ers and it would be nice to have some friends who I am comfortable hiking with when I reach the more challenging summits.