Congrats to Mike Rodenak-CO Ranked 13er Finisher!

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Bombay2Boulder
14ers: 56  3 
13ers: 269 1
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Congrats to Mike Rodenak-CO Ranked 13er Finisher!

Post by Bombay2Boulder »

Congratulations, this is a great feat! Thanks for sharing all your insights too. I chuckled when I read about Mears. :mrgreen:
sunny1
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 225 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by sunny1 »

What an awesome accomplishment!
Memorable - strong work!
Congrats! :-D
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Congratulations Mike! It's been a long time in coming, but what a great way to finish them off.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
Dobsons
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 317 1 11
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Dobsons »

Really cool accomplishment! Congrats
blazintoes
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 327 3 73
Trip Reports (16)

Post by blazintoes »

Back in 2012 as a new 14er.com member I’d read your reports and too nervous to reach out but I always appreciated veterans who would write TR’s and share their experiences so the new kids could learn. One of my favorite paragraphs you’ve written here:

I was lucky enough to share many of these summits over the years with some great climbing partners. Some of the ones from the early days have moved away, and others have taken their place. Early on I did most of the centennials solo because my partners only cared about the fourteeners. A seemingly natural tendency for many, but knowing I wanted to climb the highest 100 and seeing how many of them are next to fourteeners, I thought it made a lot of sense to try and chase both parts of the list concurrently. The deeper I got on the list, the more like-minded partners I started to find, many of whom I found through this site either directly, or through other partners I met here. Because of the holiday weekend and family or other obligations, not all of those partners were able to share in the finale, but with so many great experiences along the way over the years, you were all still there and were all still a huge part of the success this past weekend.

I too have met wonderful people on this site I still call friends and climb with. Coincidentally my favorite summer peak bagging friend is also from and lives in Chicago but he will probably never move here. We both got hooked on 14ers 9 summers ago and after I transitioned to chasing centennials he too wanted to chase. He’s almost done and I think this summer will finally be his finisher.

I’ve never met you but I know your kind; obsessive list seeker but now finisher. Awesome! I have always appreciated your reports. Thank you and congratulations!!!
Boggy B
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 777 76
Trip Reports (40)

Post by Boggy B »

Awesome, Mike. Huge! Too bad I missed out, but way to finish in style!