Sawatch Condition

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Mitsugi
14ers: 32  3 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Sawatch Condition

Post by Mitsugi »

Didn't really expect snow on Monday-Tuesday. Anybody know if a new foot of snow or some comparable amount got dumped on the collegiate area?
Trolling unintentionally since 6/30/2019...
spoony
14ers: 21  14  3 
13ers: 5 4
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Sawatch Condition

Post by spoony »

Based on my view from Salida this morning, the southern Collegiates got a few inches, but not the same as front range.
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

I'm not sure about the Sawatch, but Winter Park got 13 inches and Abasin 6.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
Alpinefroggy
14ers: 29  2 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Alpinefroggy »

A few inches. Stuff that won't affect the conditions too too much.

Biggest change are going to be some potential avy's on slopes that got a lot and you have an unconsolidated loose layer above an old layer so there is some more active avy conditions.

I am still doing Missouri C couloir on Saturday since conditions don't look changed all that much.