Mt Bross

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Goody
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (0)

Mt Bross

Post by Goody »

Can anyone please tell me when all the Mt Bross stuff will be resolved ?? My wife and self really want to do democrat,Cameron,Lincoln and Bross but have been told by a few people nows not the best time?? Can they still be done at once and what would you suggest is the best way to summit them all. Are there trail signs that help you along or not. trust me I'm no great climber here I just want advise? We were looking forward to climbing a 14er tomorrow leaving from Fort Collins. But I don't really trust tomorrows weather?? Once again thanks for the help.

Dan
anasarca76
14ers: 57 
13ers: 33
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Mt Bross

Post by anasarca76 »

The Official Lincoln, Bross, Democrat Cameron Thread can be viewed at this link:

http://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All but Bross are currently open. You can get pretty close to the Summit still remaining on private property, and the loop is still open. It's a good loop! I enjoyed Democrat the most. If your concerned about the weather, start early and keep a close eye on the clouds. Be prepared for rain and don't be scared to turn around. I'll be out tomorrow hiking, I'm sure a ton of others will be too, don't let the standard summer forecast of a chance of thundershowers deter you, just be prepared and trust your gut on when to turn around. Have fun and be safe!