Water Sources on Pyramid Peak

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
acorredor60
Trip Reports (0)

Water Sources on Pyramid Peak

Post by acorredor60 »

Are there any water sources on the Pyramid Peak trail past 10400'? On the map it looks like the trail crosses over a stream that runs down to Maroon Creek.
brousseau
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Water Sources on Pyramid Peak

Post by brousseau »

If the trail crosses a stream, it's dry. Was there last weekend.
Last edited by brousseau on Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Instagram: @jbparker_co
ColoMntn
14ers: 58  2  7 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ColoMntn »

The amphitheater is mostly melted out. However, as of two weeks ago, there were a few snow patches that could be used. Also, there is some water drainage that can be heard. But, it is mostly hard to get to water under the boulders. Probably better to bring water.
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

I think that water source you see on the map is seasonal. I was there in Spring a few years back and there was a trickle there, but when I climbed it in September nothing was there.
Unless you're combining peaks on a longer day, the climb up Pyramid is only a little over 8mi r/t, so you should be able to carry what you need from the TH.
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

Are you day tripping it from the parking lot? If so, I agree you should be able to pack what you need. You can always stash a bottle at the cut-off or somewhere in the amphitheater if you need the extra water on the way back. Just make sure to pack out what you pack in.
Century Bound, eventually.
acorredor60
Trip Reports (0)

Post by acorredor60 »

I'm biking up from the aspen highlands lot, so I was hoping to stay light and fill up from a stream higher up on the climb. Sounds like things are dry on Pyramid so I'll fill up before I get on the mountain.