Most Loved 14er

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Above_Treeline
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Most Loved 14er

Post by Above_Treeline »

Already done Huron twice and I haven't done many. Like to do it again.

Best experience east Ridge on Yale. Even though I didn't summit.
I support reintroducing grizzlies and wolves to their historic ranges.
andrew85
14ers: 58  12 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (3)

Post by andrew85 »

Little Bear! The whole northwest face to Little Bear/Blanca traverse to Ellingwood combo was by far my favorite 14er experience with the northwest face being my favorite individual climb. I'd even go as far to say that I see the Little Bear/Blanca traverse and Little Bear as a single experience and can't really see myself ever repeating Little Bear without the traverse.

Honorable mention to Pikes--with 12 Barr Trail ascents, a 20 minute proximity pretty much trumps everything else. Lol people always ask me why I like Pikes so much and the answer is simple: IT'S CLOSE!
druid2112
14ers: 46  6 
13ers: 32 5
Trip Reports (7)

Post by druid2112 »

Pyramid - the view is fantastic, the trail is short, and the climbing is super fun.
"You can't really dust for vomit." - Nigel Tufnel
Salient
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Salient »

andrew85 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 am Little Bear! The whole northwest face to Little Bear/Blanca traverse to Ellingwood combo was by far my favorite 14er experience with the northwest face being my favorite individual climb. I'd even go as far to say that I see the Little Bear/Blanca traverse and Little Bear as a single experience and can't really see myself ever repeating Little Bear without the traverse.
Are there any good trip reports that describe the NW Face of Little Bear?
Be the best you that you can be.
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

Salient wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:11 pm
andrew85 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 am Little Bear! The whole northwest face to Little Bear/Blanca traverse to Ellingwood combo was by far my favorite 14er experience with the northwest face being my favorite individual climb. I'd even go as far to say that I see the Little Bear/Blanca traverse and Little Bear as a single experience and can't really see myself ever repeating Little Bear without the traverse.
You'll find a few if you do a search Southwesr ridge is a better route though.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
Slawson405
14ers: 57  1  1 
13ers: 116 3 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Slawson405 »

CaptainSuburbia wrote: ↑Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:45 am Challenger Point
Curious, would you rather have Challenger stay a ranked 14er, or Dallas stay as a Centennial? 🧐
β€œBuy the ticket, take the ride.”
Slawson405
14ers: 57  1  1 
13ers: 116 3 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Slawson405 »

Capitol. Solid ridge from the Daly saddle all the way to summit is truly one of the most enjoyable scrambles on a 14er.
β€œBuy the ticket, take the ride.”
terrysrunning
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 71
Trip Reports (0)

Post by terrysrunning »

Gotta be Pyramid. Enough scrambling to be fun. No boring long approach like LB or Cap et al. And the view of the Bells is beautiful, and you can't see the Bells from the Bells...
Best experience was LB then the traverse. Fun and just the right amount of spicy, and it makes you work for it enough to test you. Wanted a cigarette after finishing; and I've never even smoked. Might have been my favorite despite not being as pretty... until I had to go back down Lake Como road for a thousand hours back to where I parked.
"My life is dope, and I do dope s**t" -Kanye
terrysrunning
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 71
Trip Reports (0)

Post by terrysrunning »

CaptainSuburbia wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:34 pm
andrew85 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 am Are there any good trip reports that describe the NW Face of Little Bear?
You'll find a few if you do a search Southwesr ridge is a better route though.
I've never read anything about the SW ridge that made it sound remotely as fun as the NW face was.
But yeah, I found and saved several reports and drawings of the line before we went. I almost certainly would have gotten cliffed out or at least added degrees of difficulty without studying those first.
"My life is dope, and I do dope s**t" -Kanye
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

Slawson405 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:03 am
CaptainSuburbia wrote: ↑Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:45 am Challenger Point
Curious, would you rather have Challenger stay a ranked 14er, or Dallas stay as a Centennial? 🧐
I'd rather Challenger stay ranked. I'll climb Dallas either way. I'm pulling for Drift too.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
CheapCigarMan
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 108 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by CheapCigarMan »

terrysrunning wrote: ↑Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:14 am ...Wanted a cigarette after finishing....
EVERY peak is worthy of at least a cheap cigar.
I should be on a mountain
OldTrad
14ers: 36 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (4)

Post by OldTrad »

Yes, several.