Summer is over-are you glad?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Summer is over-are you glad?

Post by XterraRob »

I'm sad summer's over because I was looking forward to better weather ahead of the Battle of Mount Lindsey. It seems we'll be digging snow trenches to keep the heathen hippies from usurping private land rights.
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

XterraRob wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:47 am I'm sad summer's over because I was looking forward to better weather ahead of the Battle of Mount Lindsey. It seems we'll be digging snow trenches to keep the heathen hippies from usurping private land rights.
What?
seeking timberline
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by seeking timberline »

After years of living in southeast Texas where it goes from nine months of hot and damp to three months of cold and damp and the leaves don’t change as much as they get old and die, I’m just happy to see seasons again. Aside from the smoke, the summer’s been great for hiking and biking but now I’m looking forward to skiing and fat biking so it’s all good as far as I’m concerned.
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

Avoiding ice flows, numb toes in climbing shoes, shorter days, unconsolidated snow,..thank God summer is over.
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

On a personal level, while I m going to miss those long, warm, sunny days of San Juan scree/talus, my winter mojo is back.
So far as I'm concerned, I say, bring it Colorado! Do your worst! I actually enjoy long days in the cold, skiing and such. :)
cold-outside-meme.jpg
cold-outside-meme.jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

Therefore all seasons shall be sweet to thee,
Whether the summer clothe the general earth
With greenness, or the redbreast sit and sing
Betwixt the tufts of snow on the bare branch
Of mossy apple-tree, while the night-thatch
Smokes in the sun-thaw; whether the eave-drops fall
Heard only in the trances of the blast,
Or if the secret ministry of frost
Shall hang them up in silent icicles,
Quietly shining to the quiet Moon.
9patrickmurphy
14ers: 50  1  2 
13ers: 318 23 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by 9patrickmurphy »

Summer is the best season in Colorado, but I've been daydreaming about skiing since late June. Next Summer is going to be legendary, I'm sure, but I'm practically foaming at the mouth to get out on the snow and drop some knees.