25 Trip compilation video with some groovy music!

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mikjik86
14ers: 39 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (9)

25 Trip compilation video with some groovy music!

Post by mikjik86 »

Alright Friends and Family, this is it!

This feature video is the result of sorting through over 7,000 video clips from all of my 25 Backpacking/Hiking videos over the last 5 years.

If all goes according to plan, this should give you an idea of what this channel is all about. Its a quick compilation of some of my favorite clips to one of the best jams of all time. "My Time" by the legendary Minus The Bear (RIP)

If you like what you see stay tuned for future videos, and of course like and subscribe to keep up with my travels.

Safe trails!
kman
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 25 Trip compilation video with some groovy music!

Post by kman »

Very nice. Thoroughly enjoyed that although the scenes definitely fly by! Recognized a lot of the locales though, which brought back my own memories. Is that the tunnel (at 0:15 of the video) that leads to the black Kaibab suspension footbridge that crosses the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon? Love the GC!
Anyway, nice job!
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

kman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:27 pm Is that the tunnel (at 0:15 of the video) that leads to the black Kaibab suspension footbridge that crosses the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon? Love the GC!
Ptarmigan tunnel, GNP. \:D/ O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
kman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kman »

cedica wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:27 pm
kman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:27 pm Is that the tunnel (at 0:15 of the video) that leads to the black Kaibab suspension footbridge that crosses the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon? Love the GC!
Ptarmigan tunnel, GNP. \:D/ O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
Ahh yes, I believe you’re absolutely right! I’ve been through Ptarmigan tunnel a handful of times. The tunnel in his video just looked a lot smaller. That, and the fact that the scenes in the video go by so quickly just kinda threw me for a loop. I should have recognized the floor in the tunnel- definitely Ptarmigan. Love going through it to look over at Old Sun Glacier and down to Elizabeth Lake. Here’s a picture taken from the top of the switchbacks leading to the tunnel and looking back down to Ptarmigan Lake. Couldn’t get through the tunnel for a few more days that year (July 2017) until the trail crew came up to get the doors to the tunnel open that were still blocked by huge snowdrifts! :lol:
Anyway, thanks for pointing out the right tunnel and solving the mystery for me.
Attachments
F66C4729-7D62-41EC-9296-DD31E6161074.jpeg
F66C4729-7D62-41EC-9296-DD31E6161074.jpeg (159.12 KiB) Viewed 597 times