Lost Giraffe (Stuffed Toy) - Democrat

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mzagorski
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (3)

Lost Giraffe (Stuffed Toy) - Democrat

Post by mzagorski »

Posted this on the FB group, but figured I'd try here too. Hiked democrat with my 8yr old today... Heading back down to our car from Kite Lake TH a couple in a white SUV with Kansas plates gave us a ride the final mile to our car. After we got out and they drove off my daughter realized her stuffed giraffe (which she's had since she was born) was still in the car... Hoping I can track down the nice couple that gave us a ride and get the giraffe back. Lots of sentimental value... It's done a few 14'ers and is an international traveler :-D
greenonion
14ers: 41 1
13ers: 2

Re: Lost Giraffe (Stuffed Toy) - Democrat

Post by greenonion »

mzagorski wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:48 pm Posted this on the FB group, but figured I'd try here too. Hiked democrat with my 8yr old today... Heading back down to our car from Kite Lake TH a couple in a white SUV with Kansas plates gave us a ride the final mile to our car. After we got out and they drove off my daughter realized her stuffed giraffe (which she's had since she was born) was still in the car... Hoping I can track down the nice couple that gave us a ride and get the giraffe back. Lots of sentimental value... It's done a few 14'ers and is an international traveler :-D
I’ll pay shipping.

And might consider same for therapy for mom/and/or dad in the meantime. (These things ain’t easy in the meantimes)
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail…?
greenonion

Post by greenonion »

Any updates? Hopefully happy outcome??
Skimo95
14ers: 58 5 14
13ers: 69

Post by Skimo95 »

I’ll start the GoFundMe @ $5 for a new stuffed 🦒
greenonion

Post by greenonion »

Skimo95 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:29 am I’ll start the GoFundMe @ $5 for a new stuffed 🦒
I’ll at least match
mzagorski
Trip Reports (3)

Post by mzagorski »

So far no luck... Post has been shared in various hiking groups in KS... We do have a stunt double/backup giraffe but the original one has a bunch of sentimental value. SAR efforts continue :P
rperth

Post by rperth »

Welp we have a post about a lost stuffed animal and one about a lost sock. Good luck on both
JChitwood
14ers: 58
13ers: 43

Post by JChitwood »

I feel for you. If my son would have lost Woofie his Siberian Husky stuffer it would have been disastrous. We had some close calls…left at a hotel in West Yellowstone, on a shelf at a Jo-Ann fabric store, at a movie theater, but he always survived. Sending positive vibes for recovery.
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood
greenonion

Post by greenonion »

mzagorski wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:03 pm So far no luck... Post has been shared in various hiking groups in KS... We do have a stunt double/backup giraffe but the original one has a bunch of sentimental value. SAR efforts continue :P
Bummer. We’re cheering for y’all.
mzagorski
Trip Reports (3)

Post by mzagorski »

Still no sign of the Giraffe :?
greenonion

Post by greenonion »

Will still pay shipping if the folks in Kansas ever find Giraffy and this thread. That apparently was a big favorite given this new attempt after so long. Good luck, dad!
blazintoes
Trip Reports (11)

Post by blazintoes »

Stuffed animals aren’t just for kids. I’d die if I lost Sebastian who has been on every adventure I’ve been on the last few years. Do you have a picture of the giraffe? What’s his name? It’s been a couple months since his disappearance. What has happened since?
Attachments
F43B24EA-34B0-4433-A3A5-9ED243A5017A.jpeg
F43B24EA-34B0-4433-A3A5-9ED243A5017A.jpeg (168.95 KiB) Viewed 889 times