Climbing Gyms in Northwest Denver

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Carl_Healy
14ers: 19  3 
13ers: 50 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Climbing Gyms in Northwest Denver

Post by Carl_Healy »

So,

In an effort to work my way into being able to confidently handle Class 4 and Class 5 Alpine terrain I'm trying to spend more time in a climbing gym, and I'm also looking into CMC's Technical Climbing School when it opens up for registration for 2022.

Any suggestions for climbing gym options in Northwest Denver (i.e. Arvada, Westminster, Golden?)

I'm a member at Apex Center in Arvada and have taken a handful of private lessons on their relatively modest indoor climbing wall, however due to Covid/staffing shortages their wall remains only open to private lessons and it doesn't appear this will change anytime soon.

Earth Treks in Golden looks like a very good option but yikes is it pricey.

And isn't there is a climbing wall at CMC/AMC in Golden as well? But this isn't open to the public? Even CMC members?
If you can't run, you walk
If you can't walk, you crawl
If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: Climbing Gyms in Northwest Denver

Post by d_baker »

G1 Climbing was pretty cool and they just opened before covid, so hopefully they made it through that ok.
Located in Broomfield.

Screenshot_20211112-153723_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211112-153723_Chrome.jpg (79.84 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
Carl_Healy
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Carl_Healy »

d_baker wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:36 pm G1 Climbing was pretty cool and they just opened before covid, so hopefully they made it through that ok.
Located in Broomfield.

Screenshot_20211112-153723_Chrome.jpg
Looks just as far from from me as Earth Treks is, and a tad cheaper!

Still though, I think I'm learning that proper climbing gyms are never going to be really cheap...
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

I work right next to The Spot in Louisville and it's huge and beginner friendly.

https://goo.gl/maps/ytvp63JShP7yFCt19
Carl_Healy
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Carl_Healy »

justiner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:17 pm I work right next to The Spot in Louisville and it's huge and beginner friendly.

https://goo.gl/maps/ytvp63JShP7yFCt19
Looks like a good option as well.

Though anyone have any opinion on CMC TCS as well?
Not quite the same thing as asking for a regular climbing gym of course.
dude9478
14ers: 28 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dude9478 »

You might try denver Bouldering club. They don't have any roped walls, but they're routes go from easy to pretty much impossible(for me). Great practice.