Experienced Guide Wanted

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
automattic68
Trip Reports (0)

Experienced Guide Wanted

Post by automattic68 »

I am looking for a guide/climbing partner for late May to hike/climb a few 14ers. Does anyone have a recommendation for a private guide or a service?
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58  7  18 
13ers: 178 38 31
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Experienced Guide Wanted

Post by cottonmountaineering »

there are a number of guiding outfits here, they mostly operate within certain areas of the state, San Juan mountain guides or Aspen Expeditions are probably who you're looking for
bdloftin77
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 58
Trip Reports (2)

Post by bdloftin77 »

I'd recommend Ricardo Pena. 14er finisher, US state highpoint finisher, Denali, Aconcagua, Kilimanjaro completer. Guided Orizaba over 50 times. Friendly and knowledgeable.

You can find him on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Ricardo.Pena.Araujo), or his website: https://www.alpineexpeditions.net/index.html
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

Note late May is considered late winter in terms of snow above treeline.
jrs1965
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jrs1965 »

I used Jackson Hole Mountain Guides when I had done Kiener's on Longs. Currently coordinating with Aspen Alpine Guides to do NW Buttress of Capitol this summer. Pikes Peak Alpine does guiding and training events on Pikes...
Buckie06
14ers: 56  3  4 
13ers: 18 1 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Buckie06 »

Pikes Peak Alpine School is great
automattic68
Trip Reports (0)

Post by automattic68 »

Thank you all for your help.
I was able to get in touch with Ricardo Pena and Alpine Expeditions.
I appreciate the recommendations and information.