California 14ers Partner

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
asarsam
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (1)

California 14ers Partner

Post by asarsam »

Looking for Colorado folks that are coming out to do any of the California 14ers I could team up with, or if anybody knows and recommends climbing partners in the SoCal area that they could point me to. Just moved to California and planning on climbing all the 14ers over the next year!
Fletch Lives
14ers: 47  17 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: California 14ers Partner

Post by Fletch Lives »

Hit me up. I get a couple in each year. I'd be happy to have a partner for some of them...

You at Pendleton these days? I live very close to there...
Uh. Well, I've sinned. I didn't take any Polaroids or anything. But, yeah, I've sinned.
el_chalafad
Trip Reports (0)

Post by el_chalafad »

Howdy,
Finished the CA 14ers yet? I will be going out for my remaining 7 this spring summer. Anyone else need a trail partner, ski partner, rope partner, camp partner?
angry
14ers: 58  45 
13ers: 231 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by angry »

el_chalafad wrote:Howdy,
Finished the CA 14ers yet? I will be going out for my remaining 7 this spring summer. Anyone else need a trail partner, ski partner, rope partner, camp partner?
I am interested! What do you have left? I'd love to do the palisades traverse this summer.
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

I’m throwing my hat into the ring for a Whitney permit, looking to go early/mid-August.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

I've climbed Whitney, Muir and Shasta. I would be interested in Langley, Williamson, Tyndall, Split or Sill.
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Ptglhs »

MonGoose wrote:I've climbed Whitney, Muir and Shasta. I would be interested in Langley, Williamson, Tyndall, Split or Sill.
Will you be doing Williamson and Tyndal on the same outing? Which approach will you take?
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

Ptglhs wrote:
MonGoose wrote:I've climbed Whitney, Muir and Shasta. I would be interested in Langley, Williamson, Tyndall, Split or Sill.
Will you be doing Williamson and Tyndal on the same outing? Which approach will you take?
Most approach W/T from the Owens Valley and up to Shepherd Pass. And if you've made the effort to get that far, you might as well go for both.
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Ptglhs »

rijaca wrote:
Ptglhs wrote:
MonGoose wrote: Most approach W/T from the Owens Valley and up to Shepherd Pass. And if you've made the effort to get that far, you might as well go for both.
I was asking the OP what their plans were, not what the standard approach / route for those peaks were. Thanks though. :)
CoHi591
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 76
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CoHi591 »

I'm planning on a trip in August. A modified JMT hike with a side trip up Split, and then finishing with Whitney via MR, Muir and Russell. I'd love company, especially for Russell.
The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days.
HikesInGeologicTime
14ers: 58  8  18 
13ers: 60 2 11
Trip Reports (38)

Post by HikesInGeologicTime »

Langley is next on my CA 14ers list (I have a tab opened to its route description right under this one on my phone!), so I’d be interested in teaming up for that one. I don’t have a solid schedule yet for anything this summer.
"I'm not selling drugs, dude. Drugs sell themselves. I'm selling stoke!"
- Guy at the table next to mine at Alta's Slopeside Cafe, in what I can't help but selfishly hope were (will be?) his verbatim words to the arresting officer(s)
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

I'll be living/working in CA soon, in the San Fran/Oakland area (E of in San Ramon), and I'm wondering what's the best resource for the CA 14ers? I seem to recall a member here having published a book on them? Was it seano?

I'll be out there April thru early August, and thought I might try a 14er or two while there.
Mt Diablo will be my new training ground during the week, or if there's other suggestions in that area, anyone reading this that may know, please let me know!

Thanks!

Darin