Gannett Peak partner for Tourist Creek

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ScottLovesRMNP
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 327 4
Trip Reports (1)

Gannett Peak partner for Tourist Creek

Post by ScottLovesRMNP »

I’m looking for a partner to climb Wyoming’s highest point, Gannett Peak, sometime in the next month or so. I’m a moderate-paced hiker and expect this 40-ish mile round trip up and down Tourist Creek would take 3-4 days. Tourist Creek route can avoid all snow, thus no need for roped glacier travel.

I’ve done all other western state high points in the lower 48 states and the majority of Colorado’s 200 highest peaks.

Message me if interested! The week of August 21 would be especially good for me, but I’m fairly flexible over the next month if we can find a good window.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Gannett Peak partner for Tourist Creek

Post by greenonion »

Wish I could! I’ve been up Tourist creek from the Green River Lakes entrance, and it is spectacular the entire way. The Green River along the trail is magical. Have a blast, and be careful, including bears!