Pacific Crest Trail

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Ki21
Trip Reports (0)

Pacific Crest Trail

Post by Ki21 »

Looking to thru hike the PCT next year. Anyone know of any websites/forums that would be informative about the trek?
SionaRW35
14ers: 58  23 
13ers: 228 11
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Pacific Crest Trail

Post by SionaRW35 »

You’ll love it! Best experience of my life.

This website has a lot of info for planning resupplies, etc. https://www.halfwayanywhere.com/pacific-crest-trail/
CoHi591
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 76
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CoHi591 »

In addition to Halfway Anywhere, check out The Trek. There are a lot of resources on the site and they have folks on trail blogging and vlogging every year so you can get a good idea for what it's like. They're also associated with Backpacker Radio which is a great podcast on thru hiking with lots of insight.
The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days.
jahselassie
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 39 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jahselassie »

Got after the CDT this year. While not necessarily a website, FarOut (Guthooks) was an extremely helpful app. Lots of user submitted comments and helpful to become familiar with towns, resupplies, trail conditions ie water and fire closures, etc.

Happy Trails,
“Puffy”
Ki21
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ki21 »

Thanks everyone...should be quite an adventure. Looks like timing is crucial throughout the trek given the elements in the Sierra and Waashington.
Klad24
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Klad24 »

You'll likely want a permit. Though the trail is doable without one, it's logistically much more difficult. First round of permits went live in November, but round two is January 11.

I'm starting on April 3. The resources mentioned above are all excellent. I also enjoy looking at the PCT subreddit every once in a while. Feel free to reach out with any other questions, and maybe I'll see you out there.