November Netflix Mountaineering Movies

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mikefromcraig
14ers: 53  24 
13ers: 57
Trip Reports (15)

November Netflix Mountaineering Movies

Post by mikefromcraig »

Netflix released their schedule for November and there's two mountaineering movies. At 4:15 there is some kind of animated mountaineering movie/show. At 9:17 there is a doc called 14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible which I'm assuming is about the guy last year who broke the record for climbing all 14 in I believe 6 weeks.

Code: Select all

<iframe width="737" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OsujwL1Oa8U?start=557" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Well, apparently there is some extra step needed to embed code so here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsujwL1Oa8U
"I don't believe anyone who says they would prefer to die on a mountain in their 30s than in a hospital in their 90s."
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Re: November Netflix Mountaineering Movies

Post by justiner »

speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

The Summit of the Gods

A breathtaking adaptation of the manga series by renowned manga artist Jiro Taniguchi and writer Baku Yumemakura, THE SUMMIT OF THE GODS follows a young Japanese photojournalist, Fukamachi, who finds a camera that could change the history of mountaineering. It leads him to the mysterious Habu, an outcast climber believed missing for years. Fukamachi enters a world of obsessive mountaineers hungry for impossible conquests on a journey that leads him, step by step, towards the summit of the gods.

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

14 Peaks: Nothing Is Impossible

Netflix: Fearless Nepali mountaineer Nimsdai Purja embarks on a seemingly impossible quest to summit all 14 of the world's 8,000-meter peaks in seven months.

Movie Insider: This documentary follows climber Nims Purja as he leads a team of Sherpas to climb all 14 of the world’s 8000m+ peaks in seven months, shattering the previous record of seven years.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81464765

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

All i know is that if Queen Elizabeth 2 keeps chugging away and "The Crown" continues their policy of changing actors every 2 years to keep them within a relevant age of their characters, they're going to have a super hard time finding someone old enough for the Queen Elizabeth role.
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

12ersRule wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:20 pm All i know is that if Queen Elizabeth 2 keeps chugging away and "The Crown" continues their policy of changing actors every 2 years to keep them within a relevant age of their characters, they're going to have a super hard time finding someone old enough for the Queen Elizabeth role.
i can't think of an actress who more perfectly embodies the spirit of Queen Liz than Betty White. they're both Betties and they're both white. just give her the role and be done with it.
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin
timisimaginary
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

amyst wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:52 am
timisimaginary wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 am
12ersRule wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:20 pm All i know is that if Queen Elizabeth 2 keeps chugging away and "The Crown" continues their policy of changing actors every 2 years to keep them within a relevant age of their characters, they're going to have a super hard time finding someone old enough for the Queen Elizabeth role.
i can't think of an actress who more perfectly embodies the spirit of Queen Liz than Betty White. they're both Betties and they're both white. just give her the role and be done with it.
Agree 100%! And she is such a beautiful woman!
i've never watched The Crown, but i would totally watch it with Betty White. especially if she has a pet crocodile.
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

Watched the 14 peaks one. It was decent enough but so much left uncovered, much of it the things I want to see most
"Here I am on the summit of X".
Cut, and next scene:
"Less than 24 hours later, here I am on the summit of the next one"

So much of it is the logistics, the forecast, how did they get from point to point, what, of any camps were established, etc
There's just a lot left unsaid and I want them said.
timisimaginary
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

timisimaginary wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:55 am
amyst wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:52 am
timisimaginary wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 am

Agree 100%! And she is such a beautiful woman!
i've never watched The Crown, but i would totally watch it with Betty White. especially if she has a pet crocodile.
it looks like my dream of seeing Betty White as Queen Elizabeth is not to be. damn.