Most famous person you've ever met?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Most famous person you've ever met?

Post by Dave B »

Thought of another, not super famous, but if you know you know...

As a young sapling, the punk band I played drums for was scouted by Vinnie from Fueled By Ramen (Panic! At the Disco, Paramore, 21 Pilots, Jimmy Eat World). We played a show at the Covered Dish in Gainesville, FL as a try out and as openers for Less Than Jake (Vinnie was drummer for LTJ). We never heard from Vinnie again afterwards <sad trombone>.
Make wilderness less accessible.
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

Dave B wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:12 pm We never heard from Vinnie again afterwards <sad trombone>.
Totally their loss. If they thought they don't need Milo's lookalike as opener, that was just plain silly.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

oh wait, I thought it was most famous person met on a hike on a 14er.

Wide open?

I met Henry Kissinger, and his son. Formal introduction in the archive of the Rockefeller family, which my dad directed.

I also exchanged words with Robert Fripp.

And finally, bumped into Joey Ramon on the street, but I don't really count that, because even though we banged into each other, no civil words were exchanged.
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

Dave B wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:12 pm Thought of another, not super famous, but if you know you know...

As a young sapling, the punk band I played drums for was scouted by Vinnie from Fueled By Ramen (Panic! At the Disco, Paramore, 21 Pilots, Jimmy Eat World). We played a show at the Covered Dish in Gainesville, FL as a try out and as openers for Less Than Jake (Vinnie was drummer for LTJ). We never heard from Vinnie again afterwards <sad trombone>.
this doesn't count because it wasn't me, but in high school a friend of mine helped organize shows and one time he helped Ben Weasel stop a nosebleed after he got hit in the face with the mic stand by someone stage-diving. of course, that wasn't until after the set finished, because singing while spewing blood all over the front row of people is what punk rock is all about.
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Also, not quite a star encounter, but I got a bloody nose on a woman that both Dennis Rodman and I were trying to woo (on separate occasions).

Dennis Rodman used to be a regular at Champs in Addison, TX. I saw him there a few times, but never got a chance to talk to him.
Bale
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bale »

12ersRule wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:33 am Also, not quite a star encounter, but I got a bloody nose on a woman that both Dennis Rodman and I were trying to woo (on separate occasions).

Dennis Rodman used to be a regular at Champs in Addison, TX. I saw him there a few times, but never got a chance to talk to him.
Were you pining for Carmen Electra?
The earth, like the sun, like the air, belongs to everyone - and to no one. - Edward Abbey
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

No, she wasn't famous, or even Almost Famous.
bking14ers
14ers: 49 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bking14ers »

Most famous people. Big Chuck and Little John. If your not from NE Ohio, you wouldn't understand.
Everything you want in life is on the other side of fear. -- Margaret T.
You'll never have a better chance to climb that mountain than you do today. -- Dave C.
Dude! I knew you would cave-in once we got up there. -- Dean G.