Poll: What peaks do you actively pursue?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

What peaks do you actively pursue?

Only 14ers (highest in Colorado!)
3%
Only 14ers and 13ers (next step: Cents, Bis, all 13ers, etc)
27%
Both 14ers and lower mountains (pursue all sorts of peaks, but mainly in the CONUS)
41%
Anything BUT Colorado 14ers (eg. 14er finishers who are seeking more solitude or those who are turned off by larger crowds - might do a few now and then, but mainly try to avoid them and focus on other peaks)
11%
High altitude: 14ers and below, plus higher peaks (thinking higher than Whitney at least, outside of the CONUS)
14%
I don't actively pursue peaks/peak lists (might sometimes go on hikes/climbs, but more spontaneously)
4%

Total votes: 123
IntrepidXJ
14ers: 34 
13ers: 63
Trip Reports (90)

Re: Poll: What peaks do you actively pursue?

Post by IntrepidXJ »

courtc43 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm Sometimes I put peaks on my list purely because I think they have a fun name!
That's why I climbed Sleepy Cat Peak!
Randy Langstraat | ADVENTR.co
montanahiker
14ers: 38 
13ers: 185
Trip Reports (0)

Post by montanahiker »

courtc43 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm Sometimes I put peaks on my list purely because I think they have a fun name! The Unicorn and Baldy No Es Cinco are currently two of them.
This is how I chose my 100th 13er: Mountain Boy Peak :-D
There's more to life than 14ers. There are 13ers.
cougar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 135 2
Trip Reports (10)

Post by cougar »

All the Sheep, Green, and Bald Mountains
http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"
Andrew Russell
14ers: 54 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Andrew Russell »

courtc43 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm Sometimes I put peaks on my list purely because I think they have a fun name! The Unicorn and Baldy No Es Cinco are currently two of them.
Tater Heap is on the list
@andysoutdooradventures
bdloftin77
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 58
Trip Reports (2)

Post by bdloftin77 »

Thanks for all the responses!
Alpinefroggy
14ers: 29  2 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Alpinefroggy »

Anything that strikes my fancy. Recently a lot of 14ers,

but now I want to climb a bunch of interesting 13ers and stuff outside Colorado.

Alpine trad basically. Need to continue to build my following and eventually lead skills.

Teakettle, vestal, Mt. Moran

And also anything pretty and or fun. Alpine scramble or not:

Looking to do all the RMNP 13ers eventually, next is pagoda, hopefully one of the trad routes
looking at blitzen

And aspirations for the diamond.
-wren-
14ers: 51  3 
13ers: 109 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by -wren- »

-13ers
-want to eventually climb something in every USGS Quad in CO
-peaks I haven’t yet climbed that I can bang out after class or before/after work
-when I have the funds and experience eventually want to get out and climb some real real mountains. tons of stuff in the cascades, WY, CA, AK, coast range, Canadian Rockies/Glacier, and of course abroad.

-a first ascent in Tombstone Territorial Park or the vast expanse of awesome mountains in the Northwest Territories. plenty to be had still because it’s just so freaking remote.