Climate Change

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Climate change:

is happening and is a direct consequence of industrialism and overpopulation over the last 200yrs and if we do nothing, humans are going to live in dramatically different, inhospitable conditions over the next 200yrs, think Mad Max
69%
is happening and is just a natural cycle of the earth and environment, will happen again once we are long gone, and possibly not much we can do about it except maybe at the margin
16%
is likely happening and we just currently lack sufficient information over a long enough period to draw an accurate conclusion of the extent that humans have possibly impacted its potential acceleration
12%
is Hogwash, what climate change? It's the media and politicians trying to scare us or sway votes and public opinion. EVs? I don't even like charging my phone.
3%

Total votes: 116
rperth
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Climate Change

Post by rperth »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:52 pm
timisimaginary wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:36 pm if the coronavirus pandemic proved anything, it's that we as a society and a species are incapable of responding appropriately to an emergency that requires even a minimal amount of inconvenience or sacrifice on a nationwide or worldwide scale.
Well, that failure was in huge part due to the orange CoronaVillain and his minions telling his gullible followers to ignore it. As a society we can do great things if we have good leadership and use our brains.
Yep
Been_Jammin
14ers: 58  1  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Been_Jammin »

CaptCO would of been having a field day with this thread.
Altitude High
14ers: 26 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Altitude High »

SchralpTheGnar wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:52 pm I’m not sure what to think, or what to do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUsFm0BAu8
painless4u2
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (8)

Post by painless4u2 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:55 pm Lol
Nope, I won’t bite on that garbage
Garbage? LOL. As I like to tell the illustrious Comrade Pilgrim, facts are facts. To some, maybe they see them as "garbage". But they're still facts.
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
nyker
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Surprised nobody has brought up crypto mining and the energy drain that many of them require, BTC and others; I don't have any hard statistics on that only anecdotal evidence, but seems ironic that for one of the most avant-guard of technologies, an unintended consequence is its huge power suck and resultant pollution.
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

Whoever is responsible for politicizing everything in this world should win some kind of award.
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

I just love POW stickers on the bumpers of massive sub 15mpg trucks on Vail Pass hauling sleds.
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

painless4u2 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:06 pm
Garbage? LOL. As I like to tell the illustrious Comrade Pilgrim, facts are facts.
You wouldn’t know a fact if it came to you from the burning bush. Your burning bush I mean; I don’t believe those “facts” either.

And I’m not your comrade, in fun or otherwise.

I’ll hook you up with my climate change denying, dingleberry brother who is also a drumpf lickspittle.

Look lickspittle up if you’re not clear on where I stand.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

highpilgrim wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm
painless4u2 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:06 pm
Garbage? LOL. As I like to tell the illustrious Comrade Pilgrim, facts are facts.
You wouldn’t know a fact if it came to you from the burning bush. Your burning bush I mean; I don’t believe those “facts” either.

And I’m not your comrade, in fun or otherwise.

I’ll hook you up with my climate change denying, dingleberry brother who is also a drumpf lickspittle.

Look lickspittle up if you’re not clear on where I stand.
Damn, what?
Jesse M
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jesse M »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:52 pm
timisimaginary wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:36 pm if the coronavirus pandemic proved anything, it's that we as a society and a species are incapable of responding appropriately to an emergency that requires even a minimal amount of inconvenience or sacrifice on a nationwide or worldwide scale.
Well, that failure was in huge part due to the orange CoronaVillain and his minions telling his gullible followers to ignore it. As a society we can do great things if we have good leadership and use our brains.
This is Bill M aka highpilgrim...lol
https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/ ... ar-sex.amp
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

nyker wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:38 pm Surprised nobody has brought up crypto mining and the energy drain that many of them require, BTC and others; I don't have any hard statistics on that only anecdotal evidence, but seems ironic that for one of the most avant-guard of technologies, an unintended consequence is its huge power suck and resultant pollution.
Don't bash my doge!
painless4u2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by painless4u2 »

highpilgrim wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm And I’m not your comrade, in fun or otherwise.
I’ll hook you up with my climate change denying, dingleberry brother who is also a drumpf lickspittl
Well, Comrade, since it has obviously escaped your esteemed mind, that descriptive term is more about your somewhat radical political viewpoints expressed on this site, relative to my own. The use of the non-humorous descriptor Comrade is an attempt to tie you to the USSR, politically. No, you are correct: you are not my friend.
Oh, and I never denied the climate is changing. More pesky facts.
However, I do find it sad you regard your own brother in such a way as you do a stranger on this forum, and do so publicly.
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9