End of technical climbing?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Fletch Lives
14ers: 47  17 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: End of technical climbing?

Post by Fletch Lives »

I wish you all the best, but this is sort of into the "too much info" category...
Uh. Well, I've sinned. I didn't take any Polaroids or anything. But, yeah, I've sinned.
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

Scott P wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:44 pm <snip> Hopefully I can be less cranky now.
This will be more difficult than your recovery from surgery.

:mrgreen:
ekalina
14ers: 20  1 
13ers: 44 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ekalina »

That's excellent Scott! Very glad to hear that things are looking up.
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

I’ve had two things that looked just like that picture of it rupturing. That was like an immediate flashback to something I hadn’t thought about in years. One in my armpit during college and one in the crease on the back of my knee in high school. They were very painful and made swimming quite difficult. I always just assumed they were cysts and never got them checked out. Once they ruptured (both in the swimming pool lol), they felt much better and after a round of antibiotics never came back. Hopefully you heal up quickly and can get back to climbing if you want to.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Scott,

Just now reading this thread. So, so sorry to hear you are going through this. As I am reading, I found myself praying for you and that this will be able to be cured/healed. So glad to hear now that you had this removed. I will continue to pray for a quick and full recovery, and that you can continue to do the things you enjoy doing in life.

May God answer our prayers for you.

Britt
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Scott P wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:44 pm I got my tumor removed yesterday. It went well. I can't use my right arm for up to a month or so, but hopefully I'll recover after that. I hope to be climbing and/or canyoneering by September. Until then it's probably just hiking.

Anyway, thanks for the best wishes everyone. Hopefully I can be less cranky now.
Good to hear Scott. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Wow Scott. That is scary. Wishing you a complete recovery.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Scott P wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:44 pm I got my tumor removed yesterday. It went well. I can't use my right arm for up to a month or so, but hopefully I'll recover after that. I hope to be climbing and/or canyoneering by September. Until then it's probably just hiking.

Anyway, thanks for the best wishes everyone. Hopefully I can be less cranky now.
Very good to hear, Scott! You'll be good as new in no time, but do focus on recovery for now.