Crestone vs Westcliffe

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Crestone vs Westcliffe

Post by highpilgrim »

12ersRule wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 am Is the wave a universal sign for "Hey come and join my cult!". I noticed your avatar and Kool-Aid guy are eerily similar.
Would you like to join and go on a Pilgrimage?

The weekly pilgrimage party is good beer with peyote button/jalapeno poppers as hor d'oeuvres. Makes for a rollicking good time, and as long as you keep paying your dues, there is no Kool-Aide on the menu.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
erie
14ers: 14 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by erie »

I've done a good amount of hunting in the Crestone area and every time I am there it gives me the creeps. Especially at night, I love dark sky areas but its super strange to be in the pitch black and stumble upon this eerie little town surrounded by complete darkness. Plus the brewery closes at 8pm, come on, who closes a brewery at 8????
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

Not much related to climbing 14ers, but for anyone curious about the cult, I suspect people will find this either interesting, funny or scary.

To me, it is hilarious. Who buys into this nonsense?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7mwvb/ ... ocumentary
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Reg0928
14ers: 58 
13ers: 253 2 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Reg0928 »

The cult has been doing weird stuff out there for a while. This article was the first time I'd heard of them

https://gurumag.com/crestone-cult-love- ... in-desert/
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58  7  18 
13ers: 178 38 31
Trip Reports (1)

Post by cottonmountaineering »

Wentzl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 pm Not much related to climbing 14ers, but for anyone curious about the cult, I suspect people will find this either interesting, funny or scary.

like half the country is into conspiracy theories
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

cottonmountaineering wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:46 pm
Wentzl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 pm Not much related to climbing 14ers, but for anyone curious about the cult, I suspect people will find this either interesting, funny or scary.

Trumpers and Q people did wake many of us up to the dip-shitedness of a large portion of our population but this cult garbage is soooooo far beyond that. The people joining a cult like this are in a whole different category.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
angry
14ers: 58  45 
13ers: 231 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by angry »

Jorts wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:04 pm The details surrounding the disappearance of Kristal Reisinger (from the Podcast Up & Vanished) just made Crestone seem creepy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappear ... _Reisinger
That podcast is fascinating and I really want to spend a night on the baca and attend a drum circle. My inner detective wants to meet catfish john and solve the mystery.
Eli Watson
14ers: 58  17 
13ers: 74
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Eli Watson »

Alamosa
People who are hardcore don't think they're hardcore. Marshall Ulrich, Fastest Known Podcast #85
dubsho3000
14ers: 58  8  2 
13ers: 110 14
Trip Reports (6)

Post by dubsho3000 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:36 pm

Trumpers and Q people did wake many of us up to the dip-shitedness of a large portion of our population but this cult garbage is soooooo far beyond that. The people joining a cult like this are in a whole different category.
I don't know. Q has "a plan"; Mom had the Divine Plan. Trump was ordained by god (per some QAnon folks); this chick was god (per her followers). QAnon fleeces believers for money; LoveHasWon fleeces people for money. QAnon led to a person shooting up a pizza parlor believing it was a site of Hillary Clinton's pedophilia ring... not sure what LoveHasWon did similar to that! QAnon folks stormed the capital and tried to overthrow our government; LoveHasWon stormed Kauai???

Why is LoveHasWon crazier? I guess they did abuse this woman's corpse. That is out there. But I wouldn't put that past QAnon folks if Trump were to die so I'm going with LoveHasWon in the "who's more reasonable" debate until further notice.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

dubsho3000 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:59 am
BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:36 pm
I don't know. Q has "a plan"; Mom had the Divine Plan. Trump was ordained by god (per some QAnon folks); this chick was god (per her followers). QAnon fleeces believers for money; LoveHasWon fleeces people for money. QAnon led to a person shooting up a pizza parlor believing it was a site of Hillary Clinton's pedophilia ring... not sure what LoveHasWon did similar to that! QAnon folks stormed the capital and tried to overthrow our government; LoveHasWon stormed Kauai???

Why is LoveHasWon crazier? I guess they did abuse this woman's corpse. That is out there. But I wouldn't put that past QAnon folks if Trump were to die so I'm going with LoveHasWon in the "who's more reasonable" debate until further notice.
Fair enough. :lol:
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
NM_Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by NM_Hiker »

erie wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:17 pm I've done a good amount of hunting in the Crestone area and every time I am there it gives me the creeps. Especially at night, I love dark sky areas but its super strange to be in the pitch black and stumble upon this eerie little town surrounded by complete darkness. Plus the brewery closes at 8pm, come on, who closes a brewery at 8????
Because cult meeting starts at 8:30pm is my guess. CB does have some very tasty beer.
mtngoatwithstyle
14ers: 19 
13ers: 73 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtngoatwithstyle »

I love Crestone and usually camp there but last year, our camping chairs,lamps and table were stolen from our campsite in N Crestone while we were hiking Crestone Lake. I have also noticed in the past years, that bears break in often on the TH to Crestone... and totally destroy the cars parked that have any tpye of food... including a Lara Bar. I also stayed in an Airbnb one night owned by a well know healer in Crestone and had dreams ALL night! I do not think I slept much.
Never,never give up!.