The snow is getting deeper!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
CaptainSuburbia
Posts: 592
Joined: 10/7/2017
14ers: 58 32
13ers: 98 18
Trip Reports (32)

The snow is getting deeper!

Post by CaptainSuburbia » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:37 pm

20210215_142956.jpg
20210215_142956.jpg (91.89 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Last edited by CaptainSuburbia on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
User avatar
bmcqueen
Posts: 579
Joined: 4/22/2013
14ers: 58 47
13ers: 290 16
Trip Reports (23)

Re: The snowpack is improving!

Post by bmcqueen » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Good! If it's not going to be safe to climb much this winter, we might as well at least have water next summer! Stay safe all. And just to avoid anyone misconstruing this post, this doesn't mean the snowpack is getting stronger, more stable, fewer avalanches - just means there's more of it and there might be some water in it. CAIC is still pretty stuck on a first name basis of our old friend ROY G BIV. Maybe we'll see that middle initial in March, fingers crossed.
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14
User avatar
CaptainSuburbia
Posts: 592
Joined: 10/7/2017
14ers: 58 32
13ers: 98 18
Trip Reports (32)

Re: The snowpack is improving!

Post by CaptainSuburbia » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:23 pm

bmcqueen wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:13 pm
Good! If it's not going to be safe to climb much this winter, we might as well at least have water next summer! Stay safe all. And just to avoid anyone misconstruing this post, this doesn't mean the snowpack is getting stronger, more stable, fewer avalanches - just means there's more of it and there might be some water in it. CAIC is still pretty stuck on a first name basis of our old friend ROY G BIV. Maybe we'll see that middle initial in March, fingers crossed.
Good point! The stability is not improving but the amount of snow and it's water content compared to normal. I should probably change the title of this post.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
User avatar
d_baker
Posts: 2732
Joined: 11/18/2007
14ers: 58 15
13ers: 277 9
Trip Reports (57)

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by d_baker » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm

And 2 more avy deaths over weekend in CO.
User avatar
Dave B
Posts: 2008
Joined: 6/14/2010
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (9)

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by Dave B » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:08 pm

d_baker wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm
And 2 more avy deaths over weekend in CO.
That Mt Trelease slide was huge. With a bunch of new snow and major-bad DPL issues, slides are gonna be ripping out whole basins. It's a good season to take up fat biking or cross country skiing, not BC.
User avatar
cottonmountaineering
Posts: 622
Joined: 5/11/2018
14ers: 58 6 18
13ers: 168 30 28

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by cottonmountaineering » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:29 pm

glad to see more snow coming in, the snow has been super spooky this year and i doubt it will go away until spring time, stay safe
User avatar
justiner
Posts: 3449
Joined: 8/28/2010
14ers: 58 4
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (26)
Contact:

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by justiner » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Dave B wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:08 pm
d_baker wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm
And 2 more avy deaths over weekend in CO.
That Mt Trelease slide was huge. With a bunch of new snow and major-bad DPL issues, slides are gonna be ripping out whole basins. It's a good season to take up fat biking or cross country skiing, not BC.
I’m taking up body weight squats. High reps. Not even leaving the house.
User avatar
Jorts
Posts: 419
Joined: 4/12/2013
14ers: 21 3 1
13ers: 59 12 5
Trip Reports (6)

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by Jorts » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:03 pm

What does DPL stand for?
Traveling light is the only way to fly.
IG: @summityinzer
Strava: Brent Herring
User avatar
d_baker
Posts: 2732
Joined: 11/18/2007
14ers: 58 15
13ers: 277 9
Trip Reports (57)

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by d_baker » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Jorts wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:03 pm
What does DPL stand for?
Deep persistent layer (instead of slab)?
User avatar
Jorts
Posts: 419
Joined: 4/12/2013
14ers: 21 3 1
13ers: 59 12 5
Trip Reports (6)

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by Jorts » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:40 pm

d_baker wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:15 pm
Jorts wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:03 pm
What does DPL stand for?
Deep persistent layer (instead of slab)?
Depth hoar?

Image
Traveling light is the only way to fly.
IG: @summityinzer
Strava: Brent Herring
User avatar
d_baker
Posts: 2732
Joined: 11/18/2007
14ers: 58 15
13ers: 277 9
Trip Reports (57)

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by d_baker » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:55 pm

Jorts wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:40 pm
d_baker wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:15 pm
Jorts wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:03 pm
What does DPL stand for?
Deep persistent layer (instead of slab)?
Depth hoar?

Image
I don't know George, I didn't write it only guessed at probable typo.
Is Bosco your password to get logged in here?
User avatar
bmcqueen
Posts: 579
Joined: 4/22/2013
14ers: 58 47
13ers: 290 16
Trip Reports (23)

Re: The snow is getting deeper!

Post by bmcqueen » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:58 pm

d_baker wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:55 pm
I don't know George, I didn't write it only guessed at probable typo.
Is Bosco your password to get logged in here?
Haha, that was last night’s episode of pandemic entertainment. Tonight we’re learning about the world’s colliding. Did 14er World and 14ers.com worlds ever collide?
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14
Post Reply