Brad McQueen CFI Volunteer of the Year

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Will_E
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 215 37
Trip Reports (21)

Re: Brad McQueen CFI Volunteer of the Year

Post by Will_E »

Altitude High wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:48 pm I may have met Brad last fall. Whoever it was (I forgot his name, but he kind of looked like Brad) was helping his girlfriend's daughter do Kelso Ridge. Being a beginner myself with poor route-finding skills, I was happy they let me tag along. He was a great instructor.

And of course, everyone in CFI deserves an award. Congrats Brad!
Brad has a girlfriend!?!? Does his wife know?
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

Altitude High wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:48 pm I may have met Brad last fall. Whoever it was (I forgot his name, but he kind of looked like Brad) was helping his girlfriend's daughter do Kelso Ridge. Being a beginner myself with poor route-finding skills, I was happy they let me tag along. He was a great instructor.

And of course, everyone in CFI deserves an award. Congrats Brad!
Very tall, lanky, quiet and wise? Sometimes accompanied by his petite and hilarious ninja wife, Melissa? Talks about his very talented teenagers?
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
2toes
14ers: 25 
13ers: 21
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 2toes »

Will_E wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:09 pm Brad has a girlfriend!?!? Does his wife know?
I know about the girlfriend, but it's the mountains :-D
2toes
14ers: 25 
13ers: 21
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 2toes »

AnnaG22 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 am Very tall, lanky, quiet and wise? Sometimes accompanied by his petite and hilarious ninja wife, Melissa? Talks about his very talented teenagers?
Perfect description, but you forgot the beard! :lol:

(While the description does sound like "my" Brad in many ways (I mean our cat is named Kelso), we're thinking it was another Brad who many of us know and who actually does have a girlfriend :) )
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

2toes wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:27 am
AnnaG22 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 am Very tall, lanky, quiet and wise? Sometimes accompanied by his petite and hilarious ninja wife, Melissa? Talks about his very talented teenagers?
Perfect description, but you forgot the beard! :lol:

(While the description does sound like "my" Brad in many ways (I mean our cat is named Kelso), we're thinking it was another Brad who many of us know and who actually does have a girlfriend :) )
Congrats to Brad. Please tell me your cat is named after the character in That 70’s Show and that he acts like Kelso.
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

bump (Brad deserves more praise don't you think?)
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
bmcqueen
14ers: 58  52 
13ers: 356 15
Trip Reports (24)

Post by bmcqueen »

Jay521 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:52 am bump (Brad deserves more praise don't you think?)
You’re too kind Jay. I was glad to see this drifting down on the page - so many said nice things already recently here and in the 500th shout-out. I’ll just say thanks all for the kind words and hope this drifts back down again now. 🙂
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14