How long until the end?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

When will the Captain be banned?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm

This week
3%
This winter
14%
This year
16%
Sometime later in the future
6%
Never, because he's Bill's sock puppet
10%
Never, because Bill knows he's secretly a hacker who would bring down the website
1%
Never, because Bill enjoys watching us debate things like this
49%

Total votes: 69
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Re: How long until the end?

Post by ker0uac »

9patrickmurphy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:13 pm
JChitwood wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:33 pm The Captain is a breath of young fresh air into The Forum and we old codgers should chill out. Personally I long for the days when I was young and strong and confident. Who wouldn’t trade their hard acquired wisdom of the ages for the ignorance of youth?
I'm pretty young and I can't stand the guy. There's a difference between being young and being childish.
Dude your picture makes u look so olddd, I could swear you were like 65+, I dont know why LOL
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Wentzl wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:42 pm Never, because his comments are not that offensive.

#snowflake
Good point, while we're on the topic, I think explosive diarrhea also get's too much undeserved criticism.
Make wilderness less accessible.
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

We know not the day nor the hour when the end will come.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

BenjaminTaylor wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:50 pm
ker0uac wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:45 pm I long for the brand new pair of shoulders I had in my youth. I know this is so off topic, but I want to get surgery to fix a bone spur in my shoulder but my doctor thinks I should instead just learn to live with it. That made me feel so old. Unacceptable.
Debating whether to remove an irritant? Sounds pretty on topic to me.
Bingo. Exactly why I suggested 20 January 2021. But perhaps both should get a 25th amendment. I must say that (even as I type) I think we are stoking the ego with these threads/posts, just like someone else in DC.
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

michaeljackson_popcorn.gif

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
amags543
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by amags543 »

Oh, for goodness sake. Why continue to encourage this guy by reacting to his nonsense and starting threads about him? He would probably stop having fun and eventually cut it out if people just quit responding to him.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

Bill M, pardon me if this has already been brought up but is it possible to just create a "Block Member" button like they have on Instagram and Facebook? Solves the problem pretty much immediately.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
9patrickmurphy
14ers: 50  1  2 
13ers: 322 26 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by 9patrickmurphy »

ker0uac wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:06 am
JChitwood wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:33 pm The Captain is a breath of young fresh air into The Forum and we old codgers should chill out. Personally I long for the days when I was young and strong and confident. Who wouldn’t trade their hard acquired wisdom of the ages for the ignorance of youth?
I'm pretty young and I can't stand the guy. There's a difference between being young and being childish.
Dude your picture makes u look so olddd, I could swear you were like 65+, I dont know why LOL
I like to foster an aura of mystery.

But for real, sunglasses and a hat can mask age a pretty impressive amount. I've started conversations with people on hikes who I thought were not much older than me, turns out they have three kids in their 10's. I have no idea how old anyone is on here unless their age is listed. Y'all could be 20 or 70 and I'd never know. Especially since the older peeps on here are generally pretty tech-savvy.
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

My only friend, the end.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

FireOnTheMountain wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:09 pm My only friend, the end.
This is the end....

Now we're getting somewhere!
The lizard king can do anything.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

9patrickmurphy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:02 am
ker0uac wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:06 am

I like to foster an aura of mystery.

But for real, sunglasses and a hat can mask age a pretty impressive amount. I've started conversations with people on hikes who I thought were not much older than me, turns out they have three kids in their 10's. I have no idea how old anyone is on here unless their age is listed. Y'all could be 20 or 70 and I'd never know. Especially since the older peeps on here are generally pretty tech-savvy.
Murphy, your profile picture reminds me of Harvey Dent's sneer, from Batman.
I also didn't realize you were young. But how old is young?
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

d_baker wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 pm But how old is young?
There's a mathematical formula for that question. Take your age then substract the other person's age. If the result is greater than zero, then the other person is young.
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion