2021 Goals

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Re: 2021 Goals

Post by Chicago Transplant »

Scott P wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:04 pm
Chicago Transplant wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:31 pm Henry Mountains just this last weekend[/color]
What did you do in the Henrys?
The three 11ers in the Ellen group, Wickiup Ridge, 8300 and Bull Mtn. Camped at Wickiup Pass. I thought about sticking around an extra day for Pennell or Hillers, but didn't really want to camp that low given the temperatures were warm plus I was unsure of how rough those roads get. I'll come back for those, Holmes/Ellsworth too, in a cooler time of year when I won't mind the lower elevation start.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
Tornadoman
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 266 35
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Tornadoman »

UPDATE:
Tornadoman wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:06 am/

1. Stay Healthy- So far so good.
2. Get a haircut- Completed recently
3. Keep monthly 13er+ summit streak alive (currently 55 months)- Up to 60 months, streak intact through May.
4. Reach 200 ranked 13ers (currently 172)- Currently at 178. Should be ramping up in the summer months.
5. Reach 130/202 on the Cent/Bicents (currently 118)- Up to 123. Feeling confident on this.
6. A 5th class 13er (Probably Coxcomb)- Scheduled.
7. Repeat K.C. with partners- Scheduled.
8. Something in the Wemis- Scheduled.
9. At least 6 new ranked 13er/14er snowflakes to put me at 35 combined- Didn't get out as much as I would have liked this past winter. Managed Audubon, Evans B, and Old Baldy for new snowflakes. Could still get 3 more in late December if weather is good.
Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.
HikesInGeologicTime
14ers: 58  7  18 
13ers: 60 2 11
Trip Reports (37)

Post by HikesInGeologicTime »

I've already managed to finish a lot of my goals, so as far as the ones in progress are concerned:
4. Hit a 13k+’ summit every month. Bonus points if it’s a Cent.
So far, so good! February was only Mount Lady Washington, so no bonus points there, but at least I got a passing grade. :)
5. Get at least a few of the thousands or so story ideas out of my head and onto some medium where they can be shared with others.
Working on it...slowly but poorly, as my uncle says.

And the big one:
1. 12 more fourteeners, which would bring me to 58/58
I think last weekend proved that I've got a lot to learn when it comes to snow climbing, so it's gonna be another couple weeks before I can realistically tackle the monsters I have left, but temps are warming and that snow is melting, so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about having a few new ones summited by the end of this month!
"I'm not selling drugs, dude. Drugs sell themselves. I'm selling stoke!"
- Guy at the table next to mine at Alta's Slopeside Cafe, in what I can't help but selfishly hope were (will be?) his verbatim words to the arresting officer(s)
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Chicago Transplant wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:39 pm
Scott P wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:04 pm
Chicago Transplant wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:31 pm Henry Mountains just this last weekend[/color]
What did you do in the Henrys?
The three 11ers in the Ellen group, Wickiup Ridge, 8300 and Bull Mtn. Camped at Wickiup Pass. I thought about sticking around an extra day for Pennell or Hillers, but didn't really want to camp that low given the temperatures were warm plus I was unsure of how rough those roads get. I'll come back for those, Holmes/Ellsworth too, in a cooler time of year when I won't mind the lower elevation start.
I love the Henrys. Last discovered and named mountains in lower 48. By JW Powell.
headsizeburrito
14ers: 29  18 
13ers: 89 4
Trip Reports (8)

Post by headsizeburrito »

LarryM wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:23 pm Dirty 30 in 2018
How was Dirty 30? I was up at Golden Gate State Park running last week and somebody asked if I was training for the race and I'd never heard of it. Great trail network out there. Looks like it's coming up on June 12th!

As for my own goals...
headsizeburrito wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 pm New transplant to CO so have a lot to do/figure out.

1. Get a basic handle on the geography of the state (ranges, major peaks, major routes, etc) Making gradual progress!
2. Do some more 14ers. Other than Longs no real specific goals here, probably just hit whatever looks interesting and/or convenient. Got a few more done, including a couple winter summits. Looking forward to more snow melting out at this point.
3. Join a climbing gym (not until after getting a good COVID vaccine) to work on basic skills to improve my class 3 and above safety and endurance. Vaccinated and just starting to consider doing inside stuff. Not sure if this will happen though, local gym still isn't offering their full classes and not sure I have the free time anyway
4. Do some of the classic ridges (Sawtooth/Tour D'Abyss, Kelso, Ellingwood, etc) Did the Sawtooth traverse so far early in the snow season, more will wait for things to melt a bit more. Trying to figure out what's going on with Mt Evans access for the full Tour d'Abyss.
5. Spend lots of time off trail/scrambling Not yet!
6. When safe to travel, hopefully get back to SoCal in the fall for an unfinished project, a double ascent of San Jacinto via two off trail routes. Probably not happening due to time constraints. Might try and convince a CA friend to come out here instead!
7. Make some attempt to overcome my asocial tendencies and get out with other people to learn from them and dip a toe into the real world community instead of just the online side. lol nope
8. Maybe run a 100 miler. My weekly mileage has been totally inadequate for this goal, might just worry about long hikes instead.
ekalina
14ers: 20  1 
13ers: 44 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ekalina »

Rolling along here. April was a pretty weak month for me due to some work deadlines, and I got both of my covid shots before the weekends. The second one really flattened me for about 30 hours. But then May was more productive. Here's the details:

1. Hike at least 150 miles and 50,000 vertical feet
I'm at 101 miles and 26,507 vertical ft of hiking. Not included in this is 430 miles and 24,606 vertical ft of running (mixture of trail and road). I signed up for a trail marathon in Steamboat in August, which has led to a heinous amount of running.

2. 100 career ranked peaks – completed 5/29 on Pt 7790 (Boulder County)

3. 50 career Boulder County ranked peaks – completed 5/15 on South Sheep Mountain
I'm at 52 now.

4. 20 career IPW ranked peaks
Zero so far this year. Waiting for the snow to melt more.

5. Finish the Raymond quad in Boulder County – completed 5/15 on South Sheep Mountain

6. Backpack into Pine Creek; hike at least three 14ers and two 13ers from base camp
I am going to modify this goal a bit and instead backpack into Missouri Gulch in late June. The Pine Creek backpack is a long way with a heavy pack, and I'd rather spend most of the miles with a daypack from base camp instead.

7. Go on at least one backpacking trip (could be the above trip or a different one)
Nothing yet, but I'm planning on a trip in June to LCW (in addition to the Missouri Gulch trip).

8. Hike at least one peak in a national park other than Rocky
Nothing planned yet.

9. Decalibron
I hope this opens soon!

10. Bison Peak in the LCW
Not yet. Although I'm going to the LCW in June, I won't be that close to Bison, so we'll see.

11. And above all, enjoy nature
Slam dunk. 100 miles of blue skies (and not so blue skies), birds singing, verdant flora, and spectacular summit views. I can't get enough.

12. Don't get COVID.
So far so good. Hopefully getting the vaccine keeps the odds in my favor.
ReginaThomas
14ers: 45 
13ers: 99 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by ReginaThomas »

4-7 new 14ers. I only have 15 to go so I figure I may as well finish them at some point.
However, I’m enjoying the lower mountains more.

A minimum of 35 new 13ers in the San Juans. Ideally I’d love 50, but we have a vow renewal planned that’s taking up some time, however it’s totally worth it.

Specifically some main goals are: Teakettle, Potosi, Peak 15, Pigeon, Turret, Chicago Basin, North Ridge on Kit Carson, Coxcomb, and finish the Silverton, Howardsville, and Ironton quad 13ers.
strayster2
14ers: 58 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by strayster2 »

The goal this year is to finish the classic 58 but I've got a few hurdles in the way.

I had been slowly building up my hiking kit the last few years and was ready to start purchasing backpacking gear, but my car was stolen back in February along with literally every piece of gear I owned, so it's back to the drawing board.

The main obstacles as I see it at this point are the Chicago Basin and Capitol. I would feel more comfortable and confident doing them as a backpack trip but now I may be forced to do them as huge one-day pushes, which would mean I need to getin better shape than I've ever been before.

Other than finishing the classic list I want to start working on some other non-14er goals like the Four Pass Loop and maybe some stuff like Loveland Pass> Guanella Pass.
LarryM
14ers: 27 
13ers: 32
Trip Reports (3)

Post by LarryM »

headsizeburrito wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:04 pm
LarryM wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:23 pm Dirty 30 in 2018
How was Dirty 30? I was up at Golden Gate State Park running last week and somebody asked if I was training for the race and I'd never heard of it. Great trail network out there. Looks like it's coming up on June 12th!
It was great! Very well organized / great aid stations / good trails / plenty of vert. It is at the same time a reasonably tough 50K and a great first 50K. (Disclaimer - I'm now neighbors / friends with Megan, the race director, but I formed these opinions before I met her. :) )
montanahiker
14ers: 38 
13ers: 185
Trip Reports (0)

Post by montanahiker »

25 13ers
6 14ers
300 miles

Hopefully no forest fires this year!
There's more to life than 14ers. There are 13ers.
Peakbagger34
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Peakbagger34 »

Finish my last 3 14ers

50K Sawatch Ascent in September

Plan to fish more in 2021 and after
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Six months down; Six months to go in 2021. The year is half over. I hope you all got to work on your goals. Please post. Remember that your goals are your own and if it is only to climb one mountain, that's great.

June was mostly a bust for me. I got out 24 days, the least number in a month this year, tying with February, but February has few days. I fell short of all goals. I got 12 summits in, but all but two were repeats. I got one technical canyon, but it was a short one. This was the least amount of technical canyons I did in a month since November 2018. I also got zero rock towers and zero technical rock or ice routes. My main climbing partner, my son, is working out of town and so am I, but in different places. Unless I can find a climbing partner in February July will likely be a bust too.

Fires in the La Sals also postponed several peaks and I haven't even done any river trips this year so that's a bust too. The Navajo Nation is closed due to COVID as well (but I understand why), so I missed my top three canyons on my list this year. I also had an embarrassing failure on Fletcher because I didn't bring an ice axe.

On the plus side I got to backpack West Fork Oak Creek in Arizona which had been on my list for a very long time.

As of 6/30/2021:

Generic Goals for 2021

Hiking and Climbing Days = 250-Currently at 157 as of 6/30/2021. Doing OK, goal wise, but June wasn't great. I should get more than 300.
Summits Climbed = 150- Currently at 81 as of 6/31/2021. Still doing OK, goal wise, but this was due to getting ahead in January through April and I fell short in June.
Rock Towers/Technical Buttes = 10-Currently at 5 as of 6/30/2021. Doing OK, goal wise, but this was due to February and March. I didn't get any in April, May, or June and will likely fall farther behind due to lack of climbing partners.
Technical Rock or Ice Routes = 30-Currently at 14 as of 6/30/2021. I'm falling behind, goal wise. I haven't got any since April. :(
Technical Canyons = 30-Currently at 18 as of 6/30/2021. Doing OK, goal wise, but starting to fall behind and likely will more in the summer.

Mountains (or Hills) (Some added after initial post)

Kit Carson Mountain (Colorado)
Challenger Point (Colorado)
Crestone Peak (Colorado)
Crestone Needle (Colorado)
Mount Eolus (Colorado)
Sunlight Peak (Colorado)
North Eolus (Colorado)
Grand Teton (Wyoming)
South Caineville Mesa (Utah)
Black Mountain (Henderson, Nevada)
Mount Ellsworth (Utah)
Mount Holmes (Utah)
Vestal Peak-Wham Ridge (Colorado)
Bison Peak (Colorado)-Climbed January 2
Mount Columbia (Colorado)-Climbed February 28
Spanish Fork Peak (Utah)
Ben Lomond (Utah)
Grandview Peak (Utah)-Didn't make it this year. :(
Mount Waas (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Pilot Mountain (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Green Mountain (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Castle Mountain (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
La Sal Peak (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Manns Peak (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Mount Tomasaki (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Burro Ridge (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Mount Mellenthin (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Mount Peale (Utah)-Climbed May 16
Thousand Lake Mountain (Utah)-Climbed June 11
Mount Hillers (Utah)
The Horn (Utah)
Sids Mountain (Utah)-Climbed March 28
Bull Mountain (Utah)
Mount Pennell (Utah)
Mount Powell (Colorado)
Emory Peak (Texas
South Rim (Texas)
Pinnacle #1 (Utah)
Chute Buttress (Utah)
Greg Mace Peak (Colorado)
Gray Head BM (Utah)
Hite BM (Utah)
Swallow Rocks (Utah)-Didn't make it this year. :(
Peak 5750 (Colorado)-Climbed January 7, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26/February 1, 13, 16, 19/March 13/April 5, 13, 16, 19, 20, 23, 28/May 12, 13, 20, 21, 25, 29/June 1,9,14,21
Baldy Cinco (Colorado)
Crag Crest (Colorado)-Climbed June 12
Mount Garfield (Colorado-near Palisade)-Climbed March 31
Peak 5900 (Colorado)-Climbed Febuary 15
West Elk Peak (Colorado)
Green Mountain (Colorado-Black Canyon)-Climbed May 22
Mount Sniktau (Colorado)
Dinosaur Hill (Colorado)-Climbed January 4, 21/February 17/March 3, 19/April 12/May 14
Riggs Hill (Colorado)-Climbed January 13/February 23/April 6/May 17
Peak 5239 (Colorado)
Peak 5482 (Utah)
Mack BM (Colorado)-Climbed February 28
Peak 7182 (Colorado)
Gibbler Mountain (Colorado)-Climbed April 1
Peak 6780 (Colorado)-Climbed April 1
Triangle Mesa (Colorado)
Peak 5059 (Utah)-Climbed Febuary 22
Peak 5140 (Utah)-Climbed Febuary 18
Peak 10,926 (Colorado-LCW)
South Mountain (Utah-La Sals)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Tunnel Point (Colorado)-Climbed March 23
Peak 5180 (Colorado)
Pinyon Mesa (Colorado)-Climbed June 18
Peak 12,585 (Colorado)
Hoosier Ridge (Colorado)-Climbed January 1
Peak 5700 (Colorado)-Climbed March 23
Black Ridge (Colorado)
Chalk Mountain (Colorado)
South Shale Ridge (Colorado)
Mount Jefferson (Oregon)-Didn't make it this year.
Glacier Peak (Washington)-Didn't make it this year.
Mount Washington-winter ascent (New Hampshire)-Planned for February, but it appears that there is a ten day quarantine in New Hampshire, so this one is postponed.
South Sister (Oregon)
Coxcomb Peak (Colorado)
Redcliff Peak (Colorado)
Fortress Peak (Colorado)
Precipice Peak (Colorado)
Peak 5780 (Utah-San Rafael Reef)
Fiftymile Mountain (Utah)
Black Crook Peak (Utah)
Ibapah Peak (Utah)-Didn't make it this year. :(
Haystack Peak (Utah)-Didn't make it this year. :(
Mt. Timpanogos (Utah)
Humphreys Peak (Arizona)-Coconino National Forest Closed due to fire danger. :(
Rabbits Ear Mesa (Colorado)
Bison View (Colorado)-January 3
Eagles Nest Rock (Colorado)-Climbed January 7, 12, 19, 24, and 26/February 1, 13, and 16/April 13, 19, 20, 23/May 12, 13, 20, 21, 25, 29
Wasson Peak (Arizona)-Climbed February 7
Picacho Peak (Arizona)--Climbed February 6
Haystack 3 BM-Climbed February 26
Moore Fun Ridge-Climbed March 8
Peak 5900-Climbed February 15
Eagle Canyon Wilderness HP (Utah)-Climbed April 2
Horse Mesa-Climbed April 8
Rainbow Point-Climbed April 24
Sunrise Point-Climbed April 25
Peak 8922-Climbed May 26
Peak 6180-Climbed May 31
Pike Ridge-Climbed June 3
Fletcher Mountain-Attempted June 20
Red Hill-Climbed June 24
Mount Sheridan-Climbed June 29

Rock Towers/Technical Buttes/Technical Summits

Lizard Head (Colorado)
Sphinx (Utah)
Canyon Point Butte (Utah)
Lost World Butte (Utah)
Tomsich Butte (Utah)
Chimney Rock (Utah)-(Climbed December 6 2020)
Dallas Peak (Colorado)
Dunce Rock (Utah)
Looking Glass Rock (Utah)
Boars Tusk (Wyoming)
Bullet Hole (Colorado)
Second Flatiron (Colorado)
Third Flatiron (Colorado)
Jabba the Hut (Colorado-Rabbit Valley)
Walmart Tower (Colorado)
Elephant Butte (Utah-Arches)
Sport Boulder (Colorado)-Climbed March 8, 16
Slab Boulder (Colorado)-Climbed March 8
Javelina (Arizona)-Climbed Febuary 5
Short Canyon Mini--Climbed March 27

Slot Canyons/Technical Canyons

West Canyon (Arizona)-Navajo National Closed due to COVID. :(
Cha Canyon (Arizona)-Navajo National Closed due to COVID. :(
Nasja Canyon (Arizona)-Navajo National Closed due to COVID. :(
Lower Larry (Utah)
Davis Gulch (Utah)-Completed Febuary 21
Bull Valley Gorge (Utah)-Completed April 4
Willis Creek (Utah)
Fivemile Wash (Utah)
High Spur (Utah)
Spencer Canyon (Utah)
Hades Knoll Canyon (Arizona)
Cove Canyon (Arizona)
Badger Canyon (Arizona)-Completed January 16
Soap Creek (Arizona)-Completed January 17
Rider Canyon (Arizona)
North Canyon (Arizona)
Sevenmile Canyon (Utah-Ticaboo)
Duckett Slot (Utah)
Shoot TC Canyon (Utah)
Little White Roost (Utah)-(Completed December 20 2020)
Devils 1 (Utah)
Jackass Creek (Arizona)
Cathedral Wash (Arizona)-Completed January 18
Cottonwood Canyon (Utah)-Completed April 17
Boulder Creek (Utah-Escalante)-Completed May 29-31
Constrychnine (Utah)
Adobe Swale (Utah)
Slidenide (Utah)
Hart (Utah)
Gruvers Slot (Utah)
Fry Canyon (Utah)
Lower Ute Canyon (Colorado)
Drillhole Canyon (Utah)
Red Breaks (Utah)
Burch Canyon (Utah)
Turtle Tears (Nevada)
Hidden Canyon (Nevada)
Rigpin (Nevada)
Sheepbone (Nevada)
Quarry Canyon (Nevada)
Cherry Canyon (Arizona)
Columbus Canyon (Colorado)-Completed May 5
Ribbon Canyon (Colorado)
Pleiadis Canyon (Utah)-Pack Creek Fire Closed Access. :(
Burro Canyon (Utah)Completed April 11
Three Bridges Canyon (Utah)
Upper Knowles Canyon  (Colorado)-Completed May 5
Chasm Canyon (Colorado)
Zero Gravity (Utah)
Kodels Canyon (Colorado)
East Fork Ribbon Canyon (Colorado)
Black Hole (Utah)
Benson Creek (Utah)
Middle Fork Maidenwater (Utah)-Completed March 20
South Fork Maidenwater (Utah)
La Milagrosa Canyon (Arizona)-Completed Febuary 6
Blarney Canyon-Completed March 20
Blue Hills Canyon (Utah)-Completed Febuary 20
Dunham Slot (Utah)-Completed April 4
Herm Pollock Slot (Utah)-Completed April 4
Echo Canyon (Colorado)--Completed May 4
Mel Slot (Utah)-Completed April 18
Little Dolores-Completed June 13

Backpacking Trips

Tonto Trail (Arizona)
Clear Creek (Arizona)
Swett Creek (Utah)
Fourmile Canyon (Utah)
Sams Mesa Box Canyon (Utah)
Spring and Nates Canyons (Utah)
Floy Canyon (Utah)
Main Canyon (Colorado)
Coal Creek (Utah)
Flat and Rock Creek Loop (Utah)
Saddlehorse Canyon (Utah)
Phantom to Crystal Loop (Arizona)
Deer Creek to Kanab Creek Loop (Arizona)
Lower Grand Gulch (Utah)
Slickhorn Canyon (Utah)
North Rainbow Trail (Utah)-Navajo National Closed due to COVID.
Blue Lake/Indian Point (Colorado)
Silver Falls Creek (Utah)-Completed March 7
Bullock Draw/South Fork Coal Wash (Utah)
Gypsum Canyon (Utah)
White Crack (Utah)
Twin Corral Box Canyon (Utah)
Bandelier National Monument (New Mexico)
West Fork Oak Creek-Completed June 6

Day Hikes

Mee Canyon to the Alcove (Colorado)
Seiber Canyon (Colorado)
Echo Canyon (Colorado)-Completed March 15
Serpents Trail (Colorado)-Completed Febuary 2, 24/May 27
Redlands Mesa Trails (Colorado)-Completed January 20/March 11/April 22
West Bench Trail (Colorado)
Old Spanish Trail-Gunnison Bluffs (Colorado)-Completed January 30
Devils Canyon Overlook (Colorado)-Completed March 30
Lunch Loops from White Cap (Colorado)-Completed March 17
Lunch Loops from Tabeguach (Colorado)-Completed January 27/June 15
Lake of the Woods Trail (Colorado)
McDonald Creek Benches (Colorado)
Ribbon Trail (Colorado)-Completed March 22
Devils Kitchen (Colorado)-Completed March 4
Monument Canyon-top to bottom (Colorado)-Completed January 9
Liberty Cap Trail (Colorado)-Completed June 2
Bullock Draw (Utah)
Devils Canyon (Colorado)-Completed January 22
Highland Lake Trails (Colorado)
Big Dominguez Canyon (Colorado)
Little Hole (Utah)-Completed January 31
McDonald Creek (Colorado)-Completed January 10
Black Ridge Trail (Colorado)-Completed June 26
Rifle Arch (Colorado)
Flume Canyon Trails (Colorado)-Completed April 7
Wedding Canyon-Monument Canyon Loop (Colorado)-Completed March 18
Echo Lake (Colorado)
Lower No Thouroughare Canyon (Colorado)-Completed Febuary 10
Fruita Reservoir #1 Trail/Ridge Trail/Haypress Trail/Turkey Flats Trail Loop (Colorado)
Escalante Canyon Potholes (Colorado)
Lower Calf Creek (Utah)
Good Vibes/Snakeskin/First Flat Loop (Colorado)-Completed April 27
Upper Liberty Cap (Colorado)
Rochester Panel (Utah)-Completed March 27
Short Canyon-Concretions (Utah)-Completed March 27
Neck Spring Loop (Utah)
Wilhite Trail (Utah)
Gooseberry Trail (Utah)
Grand View Point (Utah)
Monument Basin Trail (Utah)
Millard Canyon (Utah)
Hunter Canyon (Colorado)-Completed March 29
Demaree Canyon (Colorado)-Completed May 23
Dry Canyon Wash (Colorado)-Completed March 13
Fisher Towers (Utah)-Completed January 23
River Trail (Arizona)-Completed January 18
Lower Paria (Arizona)-Completed January 18
Canal Trail (Colorado)-Completed January 28/May 10
Colorado River Trail (Colorado)-Completed Febuary 9, March 25/May 24
Cactus Forest (Arizona)-Completed Febuary 5
Corn Lake Trail (Colorado)-Completed Febuary 12 and 14
Grand Wash (Utah)-Completed Febuary 20
Window Rock (Colorado)-Completed March 3
Rim Trail (Colorado)-Completed March 3
Gunny Loop (Colorado)-Completed March 2
Third Flats (Colorado)-Completed March 1/May 11
County Line Overlook (Colorado)-Completed March 24
Mossy Cave (Utah)-Completed April 4
Devils Thumb (Colorado)--Completed May 5
Canyon Pintado Trails (Colorado)--Completed May 6, 7, 12, 18
Exclamation Point-Completed May 22
Riggs Spring Loop (Utah)-Completed April 24
Queens Garden/Navajo Loop (Utah)-Completed April 25
Peekaboo Loop (Utah)-Completed April 25
Rainbow Lake-Completed June 19
Tie Hack Trail-Completed June 30

Canoeing/Rafting Trips

Gunnison River-Delta to Grand Junction (Colorado)
San Rafael River (Utah)-Not enough water this year! :(
White River (Utah)-Didn't make it this year :(
Yampa River (Colorado)-Didn't draw a permit. :(
San Juan River (Utah-Didn't draw a permit. :(
Colorado River-Ruby Horsetheif (Colorado)
Colorado River-Black Canyon (Nevada-Arizona)

Non-Summit Crags and Climbs

Fingers (Grand Junction)
Walk on the Wild Side (Grand Junction)-Climbed March 16
Chimney (Grand Junction)
Car Jacking (Ouray)
Prime Number (Grand Junction)Climbed March 8
Loaded (Grand Junction)
Open Court (Grand Junction)
Had it All (Grand Junction)
Hooose (Grand Mesa)
Hole Way (Grand Junction)
Hanuman (Grand Junction)
White Spice (Grand Junction)
Budget Corner (Grand Junction)
Pip's Gully (Grand Junction)
Mario's Police Lock (Grand Junction)
Otto's Ladder (Grand Junction)
Kibbles and Grits (Unaweep)
Roses Rock (Unaweep)
Back Nine (Unaweep)
Spocks Socks (Unaweep)
Red Corner (Unaweep)
My Weekend World (Unaweep)
Unknown (Unaweep)
Spirit Animal (Unaweep)
Fart Gun (Unaweep)
Tippy Toes (Unaweep)
Just Your Opinyon (Unaweep)
Elephant Head (Unaweep)
First Step (Rifle)
Supre Guide (Rifle)
Doctor's Orders (Rifle)
Rehab (Rifle)
Do the Mash Potato (Rifle)
Rachel's Route (Rifle)
Casual Stroll (Rifle)
Illusions P1 (Rifle)
Arm and Hammer P1 (Rifle)
Waterfall (Glenwood)
Jungle Monkey (Glenwood)
The Harvey (Glenwood)
Bearded Outlaw (Glenwood)
Five O'Clock (Glenwood)
Traditional Values (Glenwood)
Grey Slab (Glenwood)
Easiest Main Elk (Glenwood)
Dipthing (Glenwood)
Left Handed Blunt (Glenwood)
Sesame Street (Glenwood)
Trip Won (Grand Junction)-Climbed March 8
Scout (Grand Junction)-Climbed March 16
Bones (Grand Junction)-Climbed March 16
Random Sport (Grand Junction)
Normal Life (Unaweep)
Wind, Sand, and Snow (Rabbit Valley)
Fishermans (Marble Canyon)-Climbed January 16
Soap Wall (Marble Canyon)-Climbed January 17
Four Course Meal (Cochise Stronghold)-Climbed Febuary 8
Good and Plenty (Coshise Stronghold)-Attempted Febuary 8
Practice Cliff 2 (Mount Lemmon)-Climbed Febuary 6
Practice Cliff 3 (Mount Lemmon)-Climbed Febuary 6
Practice Cliff 5 (Mount Lemmon)-Climbed Febuary 6
Boulder Chimney (Short Canyon)-Climbed March 27
Newb Nation (Unaweep)--Climbed April 9

Other

Learn how to use a GPS-Not yet, but practiced once.
Backpack every month of the year-Completed January, February, March, April, and May.
Camp in -20F or below temperatures to test some gear out.-So far the coldest I camped was -15F on 2/28/2021. Close enough maybe?

Proposed time frames:

https://www.summitpost.org/2021-wish-list/1056756
Last edited by Scott P on Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.