He's Ba-ack!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: He's Ba-ack!

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Lesh is a stain on Breckenridge and most residents who know him think he's just another dipshit.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
mtnkub
14ers: 58  1  7 
13ers: 116 4 4
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtnkub »

SurfNTurf wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:42 pm TallGrass is a good dude.
That's what i found too, after meeting him briefly in person once. (And i certainly wasn't exactly enamored by his online persona).
jaymz
Trip Reports (1)

Post by jaymz »

dubsho3000 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:22 pm I thought covfrrider was the ultimate 14ers troll. but my memory is fading... anyone remember that character? It is possible that I've conflated covfrrider with someone else. My apologies if that is the case.
I never met him in person, but we PM'd a bit and eventually became Facebook friends (back when I did that sort of thing). Seemed like a pretty cool guy. You might be confusing him with 'g,' as they were frequently main players in the 'offroute' forum's political poop shows that would spring up all too often. g was simply here to cause trouble, and stayed awhile.
"But in every walk with Nature, one receives far more than he seeks."
John Muir
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

Bring back Bean 2.

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
dubsho3000
14ers: 58  8  2 
13ers: 110 14
Trip Reports (6)

Post by dubsho3000 »

jaymz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:31 pm
dubsho3000 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:22 pm I thought covfrrider was the ultimate 14ers troll. but my memory is fading... anyone remember that character? It is possible that I've conflated covfrrider with someone else. My apologies if that is the case.
I never met him in person, but we PM'd a bit and eventually became Facebook friends (back when I did that sort of thing). Seemed like a pretty cool guy. You might be confusing him with 'g,' as they were frequently main players in the 'offroute' forum's political poop shows that would spring up all too often. g was simply here to cause trouble, and stayed awhile.
I think you're right! that brings back awful feels...
jerseybrian
14ers: 39  1 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jerseybrian »

CaptCO wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:38 pm You know you're a douchebag when you get banned from US NF Land

"As of Friday, the bond conditions for David Lesh have been changed resulting from a photo posted on his personal Instagram in mid-October that appeared to depict Lesh defecating in Maroon Lake. The change means that Lesh is now banned from entering U.S. Forest Service land, as well as from posting photos and videos on social media that depict him or anyone else violating the law on federal land." :mrgreen:
This means a lot of the ski resorts too!
When I get out I feel more alive - Doug Coombs
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

Sometimes...sometimes, there IS justice in the world.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

Is it common practice for bond conditions to be posted online? Like, are all these things FOIA covered? Just curious.

And I also feel like it should just be standard boilerplate that posting images or video of yourself or others breaking the law then that's basically entering a guilty plea for a standing warrant. Or at least if you're arrested for Crime X and there's video of you doing Z then that Crime Z should at least be considered as evidence should the prosecutor decide to pursue it.
Or is that too Big Brothery?
LURE
14ers: 34 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LURE »

SurfNTurf wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:42 pm TallGrass is a good dude.
TG is a good dude.

We got together over a beer once, and I really enjoyed the conversations. Talked about maybe a getting on a mountain together but that was a bad summer for me schedule wise.

I’d still hope to get a mountain with him sometime or run into him in the hills.
kmikwilliams
14ers: 58 
13ers: 141 3 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kmikwilliams »

Made a new hashtag: #dontbeaLesh
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." ~Lou Holtz
Alpineair
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Alpineair »

Bigger jerk then was reported earlier. I just don't get it!
https://coloradosun.com/2020/11/02/davi ... eadlines+f
Adverse conditions may exist-CDOT
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

His parents must be proud! Making headlines!