He's Ba-ack!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dubsho3000
14ers:summits58 ski3 
13ers:summits87 ski5 
Trip Reports (6)

Re: He's Ba-ack!

Post by dubsho3000 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:22 pm

I thought covfrrider was the ultimate 14ers troll. but my memory is fading... anyone remember that character? It is possible that I've conflated covfrrider with someone else. My apologies if that is the case.

Said differently - enough of this TallGrass guy. Sounds like a real person with real strengths and weaknesses and that is just not very fun to think about.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers:summits58 ski46 winter22 
13ers:summits167 ski54 winter36 
Trip Reports (7)

Post by BillMiddlebrook » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Lesh is a stain on Breckenridge and most residents who know him think he's just another dipshit.
mtnkub
14ers:summits58 ski1 
13ers:summits78 ski2 winter2 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtnkub » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:18 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:42 pm
TallGrass is a good dude.
That's what i found too, after meeting him briefly in person once. (And i certainly wasn't exactly enamored by his online persona).
jaymz
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (1)

Post by jaymz » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:31 pm

dubsho3000 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:22 pm
I thought covfrrider was the ultimate 14ers troll. but my memory is fading... anyone remember that character? It is possible that I've conflated covfrrider with someone else. My apologies if that is the case.
I never met him in person, but we PM'd a bit and eventually became Facebook friends (back when I did that sort of thing). Seemed like a pretty cool guy. You might be confusing him with 'g,' as they were frequently main players in the 'offroute' forum's political poop shows that would spring up all too often. g was simply here to cause trouble, and stayed awhile.
“Falling silent in the presence of the beautiful is a profound expectation, a wanting-to-hear the most delicate, distant sounds — we act like someone who is all ears and eyes: beauty has something to say to us… This is the case with all contemplation.” ~ Nietzsche
speth
14ers:summits58 winter5 
13ers:summits34 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by speth » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:44 pm

Bring back Bean 2.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
dubsho3000
14ers:summits58 ski3 
13ers:summits87 ski5 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by dubsho3000 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:17 pm

jaymz wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:31 pm
dubsho3000 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:22 pm
I never met him in person, but we PM'd a bit and eventually became Facebook friends (back when I did that sort of thing). Seemed like a pretty cool guy. You might be confusing him with 'g,' as they were frequently main players in the 'offroute' forum's political poop shows that would spring up all too often. g was simply here to cause trouble, and stayed awhile.
I think you're right! that brings back awful feels...
CaptCO
14ers:summits58 winter1 
13ers:summits41 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:38 pm

You know you're a douchebag when you get banned from US NF Land

"As of Friday, the bond conditions for David Lesh have been changed resulting from a photo posted on his personal Instagram in mid-October that appeared to depict Lesh defecating in Maroon Lake. The change means that Lesh is now banned from entering U.S. Forest Service land, as well as from posting photos and videos on social media that depict him or anyone else violating the law on federal land." :mrgreen:
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool
jerseybrian
14ers:summits27 winter1 
13ers:summits19 

Post by jerseybrian » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:56 pm

CaptCO wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:38 pm
You know you're a douchebag when you get banned from US NF Land

"As of Friday, the bond conditions for David Lesh have been changed resulting from a photo posted on his personal Instagram in mid-October that appeared to depict Lesh defecating in Maroon Lake. The change means that Lesh is now banned from entering U.S. Forest Service land, as well as from posting photos and videos on social media that depict him or anyone else violating the law on federal land." :mrgreen:
This means a lot of the ski resorts too!
When I get out I feel more alive - Doug Coombs
Eli Boardman
14ers:summits58 ski1 winter13 
13ers:summits16 winter1 
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Sometimes...sometimes, there IS justice in the world.
pvnisher
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:03 am

Is it common practice for bond conditions to be posted online? Like, are all these things FOIA covered? Just curious.

And I also feel like it should just be standard boilerplate that posting images or video of yourself or others breaking the law then that's basically entering a guilty plea for a standing warrant. Or at least if you're arrested for Crime X and there's video of you doing Z then that Crime Z should at least be considered as evidence should the prosecutor decide to pursue it.
Or is that too Big Brothery?
LURE
14ers:summits32 
13ers:summits11 

Post by LURE » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:45 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:42 pm
TallGrass is a good dude.
TG is a good dude.

We got together over a beer once, and I really enjoyed the conversations. Talked about maybe a getting on a mountain together but that was a bad summer for me schedule wise.

I’d still hope to get a mountain with him sometime or run into him in the hills.
kmikwilliams
14ers:summits58 
13ers:summits81 ski1 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by kmikwilliams » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Made a new hashtag: #dontbeaLesh
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." ~Lou Holtz