Proposal in the rockies

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rlovingjr
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Proposal in the rockies

Post by rlovingjr »

There was a proposal on top of Bierstadt this morning. Trust me there was plenty of witnesses
Stratosfearsome
14ers: 58  2  33 
13ers: 244 9 3
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Stratosfearsome »

rlovingjr wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:07 pm There was a proposal on top of Bierstadt this morning. Trust me there was plenty of witnesses
I'd rather propose on stage at a Sugar Ray concert...
Nobody climbs 14ers anymore, they’re too crowded.
mtngoatwithstyle
14ers: 19 
13ers: 73 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtngoatwithstyle »

Thank you for letting me know...romantic story indeed!
Never,never give up!.
Paula
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 77
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Paula »

greenonion wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:47 am No idea if this is the reason for some folks suggesting easier peaks such as Handies and Huron, but I'd venture to guess that a reason might be because you and your future wife would more easily be able to re-visit your proposal site as you grow older together.
As a peak bagger who was proposed to by another peak bagger on a freaking 6er of all mountains (and not even on the summit!), I'm coming in to agree with this sentiment. It's a mountain that's been incredibly meaningful to our relationship and I really do enjoy going to the spot where we got engaged and the spot on the other side of the mountain where we had our first date (also not even the summit... :? ) regularly, and I'm happy it's a place we should still be able to go when he's too old to keep up with me. Special to her/you will matter so much more in the long run.
justiner wrote:^^^ This person foods.