Bells Traverse Beta

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Re: Bells Traverse Beta

Post by Wentzl »

Of course sandbagging doesn’t stop there. Pick any “10d” in the gunks

Nothing to add here, just letting OldTrad know his Gunks reference didn't go unnoticed.

SUNY New Paltz 1984 grad here! Good times in the Gunks indeed.
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Progressives are Oxy-morons
OldTrad
14ers: 36 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (4)

Post by OldTrad »

Wentzl wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:11 pm Of course sandbagging doesn’t stop there. Pick any “10d” in the gunks

Nothing to add here, just letting OldTrad know his Gunks reference didn't go unnoticed.

SUNY New Paltz 1984 grad here! Good times in the Gunks indeed.
SUNY New Paltz? OMG - my experience w/ that school was limited to a single weekend I spent in a dorm there (instead of camp slime). It was an absolute zoo - non stop parties, people pulling fire alarms, and much like animal house. Never wanted to go near the place after that. [-X hopefully your experience there was different and more constructive?? LOL

Excellent all the same! I climbed there for 3 years in 83, 84 and 85 so maybe we crossed paths. Those were fun times. I climbed mostly with Al Diamond, Frank Minuni, and Mike Dimitri. 10d sandbags included ridiculissima, coex, no exit, and half acid to name a few, though I probably have forgotten many more. Nosedive was rated 5.9 back then - I thought that was a big sandbag. Other general and difficult favorites were trans-con, no man’s land, yellow wall, foops, swing time, erect-d, etc, etc. there were no access issues anywhere back then. The nicest thing was that when I got to NYC from Boulder I was climbing really well so could pretty much try whatever routes looked good. Seems like Kevin and Barbara Bein were still around then. Also Greenberg and Mileski, et. al.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

Sounds like you stayed at Bouton Hall. Hope the flashbacks are not too severe!
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Progressives are Oxy-morons