Your Top 5 Bands and/or Musicians of all Time

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
719BR
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Your Top 5 Bands and/or Musicians of all Time

Post by 719BR »

and finally, just to further the argument that danny elfman is slowly morphing into NIN.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Love the Stranglers and Amyl and the Sniffers is fun (reminds me of Courtney Barnett - but closer to my musical preferences).
SunNFun
14ers: 7 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SunNFun »

Here's something newer I stumbled upon, kind of reminds me of Tesla.
719BR
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 719BR »

Colin Hay's new album is all acoustic covers. And it's pretty fantastic.
Coyote
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Coyote »

Awoooo

rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

Coyote wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:14 pm Awoooo

My first Grateful Dead show!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
hokiehead
14ers: 49  1  1 
13ers: 48
Trip Reports (5)

Post by hokiehead »

rijaca wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:04 pm
Coyote wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:14 pm Awoooo

My first Grateful Dead show!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Respect!

I never saw the GD at RR, but have seen all living members except Hornsby play there at least once.

That'll be an less impressive claim after Dead & Co.
Insta: hokiehead
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

The Hollies have been neglected, NAICT.

Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Brian Thomas
14ers: 58  9 
13ers: 130
Trip Reports (5)

Re: The Ballad Of Deuces Wild

Post by Brian Thomas »

highpilgrim wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:45 pm The Hollies
This thread has become so Deuce dominated, we need a sub-thread within the thread all about them. For the newbs and any other unawares, DeucesWild was a back in the day shared troll account on 14ners dot com. One half of the Deuces, the Fort Collins Deuce, has climbed so many Colorado mountains that his refusal to hike repeats has forced him into climbing ranked garbage piles in Wyoming. The other half of the Deuces, the Flatlander Deuce, aka Flyover Deuce, aka Central Time Zone Deuce, doesn't even live in Colorado, but has surprisingly good taste in music for being such a pearl clutcher.

Were one to compile all of the Deuces' posts on this thread and turn it into a radio station, you could call it KDDR aka K-Double-Deuce-Radio. Were one to compile and release a sequence of Deuce mixtapes, it would rival Now That's What I Call Music! in excellence. That said, neither of the Deuces were present at this weekend's 14ner gathering.

I just finished reading Nothin' But a Good Time: The Uncensored History of the '80s Hard Rock Explosion by Tom Beaujour and Richard Bienstock, a very Deucey book if there ever was one, and a very complimentary book to this thread. This book contains entire chapters about big hair and spandex. The vibe of that book, the time period it covers, is playfully spoofed in the attached Beck song:

So I went and joined the band
And I went out on tour
And I smoked a lot of heroin
And I passed out in manure
I made out with the groupies
Started fires backstage
I made a lot of money
And I gave it all away
Well the band got killed
So I started a solo career
And I won all the awards
And I drank all the beer

And now back to your regularly scheduled KDDR broadcast...
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: The Ballad Of Deuces Wild

Post by greenonion »

Brian Thomas wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 am
highpilgrim wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:45 pm The Hollies
This thread has become so Deuce dominated, we need a sub-thread within the thread all about them. For the newbs and any other unawares, DeucesWild was a back in the day shared troll account on 14ners dot com. One half of the Deuces, the Fort Collins Deuce, has climbed so many Colorado mountains that his refusal to hike repeats has forced him into climbing ranked garbage piles in Wyoming. The other half of the Deuces, the Flatlander Deuce, aka Flyover Deuce, aka Central Time Zone Deuce, doesn't even live in Colorado, but has surprisingly good taste in music for being such a pearl clutcher.

Were one to compile all of the Deuces' posts on this thread and turn it into a radio station, you could call it KDDR aka K-Double-Deuce-Radio. Were one to compile and release a sequence of Deuce mixtapes, it would rival Now That's What I Call Music! in excellence. That said, neither of the Deuces were present at this weekend's 14ner gathering.

I just finished reading Nothin' But a Good Time: The Uncensored History of the '80s Hard Rock Explosion by Tom Beaujour and Richard Bienstock, a very Deucey book if there ever was one, and a very complimentary book to this thread. This book contains entire chapters about big hair and spandex. The vibe of that book, the time period it covers, is playfully spoofed in the attached Beck song:

So I went and joined the band
And I went out on tour
And I smoked a lot of heroin
And I passed out in manure
I made out with the groupies
Started fires backstage
I made a lot of money
And I gave it all away
Well the band got killed
So I started a solo career
And I won all the awards
And I drank all the beer

And now back to your regularly scheduled KDDR broadcast...
What?
SunNFun
14ers: 7 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SunNFun »

highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Brian Thomas wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 am The other half of the Deuces, the Flatlander Deuce, aka Flyover Deuce, aka Central Time Zone Deuce, doesn't even live in Colorado, but has surprisingly good taste in music for being such a pearl clutcher.
Well, for such a pleasant back-handed comment, I gift you another keeper for the Double Deuce Dub:

Also, for such a distant pearl clutching deuce, I notice that my peak totals are not all that far from yours, local hero that you are. Hmmm. I'll bet my LOJ list is downright competitive. :lol:
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase