Favorite mountain

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
chicagostylehotdog
14ers: 57  1  1 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite mountain

Post by chicagostylehotdog »

With extremely limited hiking outside of Colorado, I'd have to say Kit Carson. The scramble up the North Ridge is better than all of the other scrambles I've done so far, including Pyramid, Bells (traverse), Crestone (traverse), and Capitol. There is sustained scrambling for so long on incredible rock. The views of the Crestones and sand dunes are fantastic and hiking past Willow Lake is beautiful.
719BR
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 719BR »

Favourite that I've climbed is Adams. Super fun climb and a wicked glissade. I almost wanted to summit again just for another ride. The views from the summit with Rainier on one side and Hood on the other were sublime. Although, I'm partial to volcanoes so your mileage may vary.

Favourite Colorado peak was La Plata, but I do have an admittedly small sample size. But I thought the lower part of the trail up the "staircase" next to the river was pretty spectacular.

Favourite peak anywhere, climbed or otherwise, is Logan Massif. I'm more than a wee bit obsessed with that mountain, and will climb it one day.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

I guess I'd limit my favorite to one I've actually seen, but in this case not climbed. It's the one to the rear left.

Mt. Assiniboine, BC. Not my pic...
View-from-the-Niblet-2.jpg
View-from-the-Niblet-2.jpg (515.26 KiB) Viewed 2636 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Rich H
14ers: 45  7 
13ers: 163
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rich H »

Limited experience outside of CO, but my favorite so far in Colorado is 10,926 in the Lost Creek. You climb thru a cave and pop out on the summit.
apasquel
14ers: 43 
Trip Reports (31)

Post by apasquel »

Bross
montanahiker
14ers: 38 
13ers: 185
Trip Reports (0)

Post by montanahiker »

apasquel wrote:Bross
Interesting choice based on your checklist and DeCaLi TR.
There's more to life than 14ers. There are 13ers.
Timothy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Timothy »

Schilthorn in the Bernese Oberland. The view of Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau, and the valley in between is everything you would expect. My wife and I hiked it on our honeymoon (we did take the tram on the way down) . Photo from Wikipedia as ours are all on slides.
Attachments
Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau from Schilthorn.JPG
Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau from Schilthorn.JPG (122.78 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָֽד׃‎