Capitol peak fall

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
myfeetrock
14ers: 37  1 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Capitol peak fall

Post by myfeetrock »

dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Capitol peak fall

Post by dpage »

My thoughts are with friends, family, and his partner. Very sad.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

My thoughts and prayers are with the Lord and Doro families.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

My condolences to his family and friends
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Condolences and prayers for comfort and strength for Jake's family and friends. May he rest in peace forever, and may his memory always be a blessing.
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius
mtn_nut
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 35 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtn_nut »

Apparently the accident happened between the Mount Daly saddle and K2 along the alternate route that follows the ridge.

I had a similar experience when my friend fell near K2 in September 2014, fortunately he was spared and eventually healed after a long recovery. I don't think any of us that were involved with that situation that September ever healed fully, mentally, and reading about it this morning sent shivers through me. I hope Peter will heal eventually and find peace, and if he reads this, my door is always open to him. I am so sorry for your loss, and the loss of the Lord family. RIP Jake.
onebyone
14ers: 58  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by onebyone »

mtn_nut wrote:Apparently the accident happened between the Mount Daly saddle and K2 along the alternate route that follows the ridge.

I had a similar experience when my friend fell near K2 in September 2014, fortunately he was spared and eventually healed after a long recovery. I don't think any of us that were involved with that situation that September ever healed fully, mentally, and reading about it this morning sent shivers through me. I hope Peter will heal eventually and find peace, and if he reads this, my door is always open to him. I am so sorry for your loss, and the loss of the Lord family. RIP Jake.
I remember. I hope you're doing alright.
Bombay2Boulder
14ers: 56  3 
13ers: 269 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Bombay2Boulder »

Sad to read this! Is this the route that follows the ridge proper after gaining Daly? Very unfortunate.
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

mtn_nut wrote:Apparently the accident happened between the Mount Daly saddle and K2 along the alternate route that follows the ridge.

Yeah, my stomach dropped the second I saw the headline. Thoughts are with his family and friends, especially the friend who was climbing with him.
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
letourneau41
14ers: 50  2 
13ers: 33
Trip Reports (0)

Post by letourneau41 »

Thoughts and Prayers to the friends and family. Very sad.
Every man Dies, but not every man truly lives.
James Dziezynski
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by James Dziezynski »

Damn.

Capitol is not to be underestimated. Condolences to all involved.
“Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted.” — Sian Ford