Jeff Heiderer - Winter 14er Finisher #9

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Re: Jeff Heiderer - Winter 14er Finisher #9

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

Fantastic accomplishment (s), and cool pics from the distance. Winter climbs of the 14ers are not easy, super impressive.
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Congratulations on this awesome alpine accomplishment, Jeff! =D> =D> =D>
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius
Dad Mike
14ers: 58  5  58 
13ers: 349 3 77
Trip Reports (59)

Post by Dad Mike »

Congrats Jeff. Welcome to the club.
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

Congrats, great accomplishment.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

Congratulations, Jeff. Heck of an accomplishment. You should just go to Moab for the rest of the winter and enjoy the desert sandstone for a few months.
dillonsarnelli
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 274 8
Trip Reports (53)

Post by dillonsarnelli »

Nice work, Jeff! Met you as we were coming off Massive last January. You the man!!
Dillon Sarnelli
IG @dillonsarnelli
Basecamp, CO
Gueza
14ers: 58  58  21 
13ers: 41 14
Trip Reports (15)

Post by Gueza »

Hats off to you sir, congratulations!
Good luck breeds bad habits.
AndYouSeeMe
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 209 25
Trip Reports (23)

Post by AndYouSeeMe »

Major congrats to you, Jeff!
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

WOW, extremely impressed! Congratulations =D> =D> Way to go \:D/ \:D/
Century Bound, eventually.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Congratulations! This is big stuff. Way beyond what most of us will ever do. Impressive.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Hearty congratulations Jeff! Since only 8 others have even accomplished this feat...that says it all.

I just climbed Blanca Peak on Jan. 04th and it about killed me. I can't imagine (and don't have the winter 14ers as a goal) doing them all.

It takes a unique person to mentally preserver to do this task. You are certainly a unique person....especially looking at your partial peak list posted by Matt Pierce.

=D> =D> =D>
Mickeys Grenade
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Mickeys Grenade »

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. It's an honor and a privilege to climb mountains with you. I have ran in to most of you at one time or another in the mountains. Special thanks to Yikes ("That's what we're here for!") who I have done the majority of the winter 14ers with. I Man - It was awesome to climb the Bell Cord with you after all those years of sweating over it. I also remember climbing Wilson Peak with you and Peter. It almost killed me. You are definitely passionate about the mountains. Rob (Toe Crusher) - Thanks for the countless trips to the mountains that we have shared and for crushing Andrew's toe instead of mine. Blind Mule (Don) - You are the one that got me started on winter mountaineering in the first place. I remember when you would take off solo in the winter with the Walrus (tent)! You have been a good friend and climbing partner for many years. I remember when we took winter camping school. Matt Pierce - Thanks for being a good friend and my go to rock climbing partner - and for scaring the crap out of me on Castleton Tower. Sarah and Dom - thanks for breaking trail for me twice up Spanish creek! I always run in to you in the craziest places. Devils Tower, Moon Lake, and Peru.
Mad Mike - you are in a club all by yourself. Blazintoes - you are way faster then I will ever be. That's why you are Blazintoes and I'm "burst of slow"! Kevin Baker - It was cool to meet you on Snowmass. Colin - Looking forward to talking mountains with you over some scotch! globreal - I remember meeting you on Mt. of the Holy Cross in winter. You may have carried my shovel back up to half moon pass! Congrats on Blanca in winter. Dillon Sarnelli - glad we could help each other on Mt. Massive last year. d baker - I love all the grief you give I Man (Super Mario) - It's good for him!

Thanks everybody.