Old Man---new life

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Re: Old Man---new life

Post by MountainHiker »

Craig. Stay strong. It might be like climbing a mountain - don't forget what you already know. Take care of yourself. It will be brighter on the other side of the healing.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
cheeseburglar
13ers: 79 2 1
Trip Reports (8)

Post by cheeseburglar »

Hope the recovery goes well. We still need to get around to climbing Pyramid sometime. My daughter may want to climb that in a couple of years and we hope you will join us!
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes
giarcd
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (15)

Post by giarcd »

three weeks after surgery and a few 'gremlims' have risen thier heads! Surface blood clot,urinary tract infection ,hydration issues ,but NONE have yet to stop my enthusiasm!! ONgoing is the process of medication adjustment.
Thank ya'll for the support and best wishes---I shall prevail---MERRY CHRISTMAS
Doug Shaw
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Doug Shaw »

Nothing worth doing is without hiccups here and there. Awesome that you're staying so optimistic! Here's hoping for continued improvement and a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season for you!
tjzimman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tjzimman »

Long time reader but my first post.

Keep up the course and stay with your doctor/dietitian’s program. I had the “Roux En-Y” gastric bypass this month, 2006 and have kept off 120lbs. I too fought, and continue to fight the hydration battle. The others issues will pass. Don’t underestimate the surgery. It is a big deal but well worth the journey.

I was able to stand on top of several easier peaks months after surgery. You will too.

I think my recent knee replacement will be ready for some time above timberline this summer.
I hope to see you on the trail soon.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

giarcd wrote:three weeks after surgery and a few 'gremlims' have risen thier heads! Surface blood clot,urinary tract infection ,hydration issues ,but NONE have yet to stop my enthusiasm!! ONgoing is the process of medication adjustment.
Thank ya'll for the support and best wishes---I shall prevail---MERRY CHRISTMAS
Craig,
Love your optimism and enthusiasm! Looking for to seeing you out in the mountains soon.
Merry Christmas to you.
LuLuLuv
14ers: 58 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (1)

Post by LuLuLuv »

This is the first I've read if your posts Craig! My thoughts and prayers are with you! I would guess I've known you know for about 8 to 9 years and have to say you are one of the kindest and most encouraging people I have ever known! Just keep it up! Merry Christmas to you!!!
MountainHiker
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Hydration issues, infection... - so you're having similar challenges as climbing a foreign mountain!

Craig, hang in there. You will summit this one. Merry Christmas.
giarcd
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (15)

Post by giarcd »

Five weeks into this I am feeling great ! Started @ 315 lbs , now 270 yet even more,I am more educated about DIET and doing well developing a new perspective on what my life will now need. Hydration,nutrition,and mucho exercise consume my entire day (when I'm not researching mountains for the upcoming season).
Thought I'd drop this note as to my progress :-D --- Summits in my future--GAIN IT
KeithK
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (51)

Post by KeithK »

giarcd wrote:Five weeks into this I am feeling great ! Started @ 315 lbs , now 270 yet even more,I am more educated about DIET and doing well developing a new perspective on what my life will now need. Hydration,nutrition,and mucho exercise consume my entire day (when I'm not researching mountains for the upcoming season).
Thought I'd drop this note as to my progress :-D --- Summits in my future--GAIN IT
Way to get after it Craig! I'm pulling for you my friend!
Snow is dumb.™
Stop cyber bullying!
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

giarcd wrote:Five weeks into this I am feeling great ! Started @ 315 lbs , now 270
=D> \:D/ 8)
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
MountainHiker
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Glad things are going well. Look forward to seeing you at a gathering!