CaptCo finishes the Centennials

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Re: CaptCo finishes the Centennials

Post by Jay521 »

VERY nice!!!
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
docinco
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by docinco »

geojed wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 am
brauda02 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:08 pm Congrats, mods should unban him.
Oh he’s still here. Just goes by a different name, is nicer and more low key which I applaud =D> 👏
and what would be his latest identity?
JQDivide
14ers: 58  33 
13ers: 115 1
Trip Reports (58)

Post by JQDivide »

Congrats
Oh he’s still here. Just goes by a different name, is nicer and more low key which I applaud =D> 👏
Do you know if he is here congratulating himself?
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

JQDivide wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:08 pm Do you know if he is here congratulating himself?
No, he is not.

And I agree, he is moderating himself this time around.
Last edited by highpilgrim on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
mtn_hound
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtn_hound »

docinco wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:23 pm
Give the guy the chance to distance himself from his previous obnoxious behavior. If the new name became common knowledge, plenty of people on this forum (not saying you're one of them) would start giving him all kinds of crap based on things he does not appear to be doing anymore. If he reverts back to his old tricks, we'll find out soon enough. But as long as he's behaving himself, I think he should be left alone and allowed to remain anonymous if that's his choice. Plenty of us did obnoxious stuff when we were younger that we may regret now-I certainly did. If he's learned something and cleaned up his act, I say good for him!
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Post by daway8 »

mtn_hound wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:52 pm

Give the guy the chance to distance himself from his previous obnoxious behavior. If the new name became common knowledge, plenty of people on this forum (not saying you're one of them) would start giving him all kinds of crap based on things he does not appear to be doing anymore. If he reverts back to his old tricks, we'll find out soon enough. But as long as he's behaving himself, I think he should be left alone and allowed to remain anonymous if that's his choice. Plenty of us did obnoxious stuff when we were younger that we may regret now-I certainly did. If he's learned something and cleaned up his act, I say good for him!
+1
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

daway8 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:04 pm

+1
+2

I know who he is on here, and he is not up to his old tricks.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

Trotter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:59 pm
daway8 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:04 pm

+1
+2

I know who he is on here, and he is not up to his old tricks.
+3
Salient
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Salient »

As far as I know, it’s up to Bill. He banned Alec for being a nuisance in the forum, so if he’s not being a nuisance anymore then that does eliminate the problem. However, if Bill knew who it was then he could still choose to ban that account for circumventing a ban by an administrator. This is why the people who know his identity aren’t willing to give it out so easily.
Be the best you that you can be.
mtn_hound
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtn_hound »

Salient wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:48 am As far as I know, it’s up to Bill. He banned Alec for being a nuisance in the forum, so if he’s not being a nuisance anymore then that does eliminate the problem. However, if Bill knew who it was then he could still choose to ban that account for circumventing a ban by an administrator. This is why the people who know his identity aren’t willing to give it out so easily.
Bill already knows. He's a smart guy with access to all the IP address data. He probably got an alert the second Alec opened his new account
Salient
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Salient »

mtn_hound wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:46 am
Salient wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:48 am As far as I know, it’s up to Bill. He banned Alec for being a nuisance in the forum, so if he’s not being a nuisance anymore then that does eliminate the problem. However, if Bill knew who it was then he could still choose to ban that account for circumventing a ban by an administrator. This is why the people who know his identity aren’t willing to give it out so easily.
Bill already knows. He's a smart guy with access to all the IP address data. He probably got an alert the second Alec opened his new account
Nah, if I know anything from Discord, it’s that you can bypass any IP address ban by using a VPN and it’ll whitelist your real IP even if you turned off the VPN allowing you to remain undetected.
Be the best you that you can be.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

IP and mac address easily hidden or spoofed. It's the ad id and cookies that will trip you up!