Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing partner for the Grand Canyon?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Climbing partner for the Grand Canyon?

Postby lmatthewson » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:22 am

Hello, My name is Lance, I recently scored a great permit for a 4 day backpacking trek in and out of the Grand Canyon (April 8th - 11th).
Unfortunately, my hiking partner hurt herself and am now looking for another hiking partner to share the trip with.

I understand its short notice, but if your interested give me a reply..

Lance

Re: Climbing partner for the Grand Canyon?

Postby jomagam » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:20 pm

lmatthewson wrote:Hello, My name is Lance, I recently scored a great permit for a 4 day backpacking trek in and out of the Grand Canyon (April 8th - 11th).
Unfortunately, my hiking partner hurt herself and am now looking for another hiking partner to share the trip with.

I understand its short notice, but if your interested give me a reply..

Lance

Ladies ??? Based on the spelling mistakes Lance must be a young guy ;-)

Postby painless4u2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Based on the spelling mistakes

Huh? What mistakes?
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Bad decisions often make good stories.

"Well, that didn't go as expected." - Brett Maune

Postby bonehead » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:44 pm

You prove yourself to be a dick head over
a couple missing apostrophes and an e.
Proof read your own crap.
Only young guys misuse the language on the internet?

Postby painless4u2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Ah yes, I see the "its" and "your". Clearly a young guy. Bill, it's clearly time to banish this young fellow from this site for such infractions. Show no mercy.
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Bad decisions often make good stories.

"Well, that didn't go as expected." - Brett Maune

Postby TK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:40 pm

painless4u2 wrote:Ah yes, I see the "its" and "your". Clearly a young guy. Bill, it's clearly time to banish this young fellow from this site for such infractions. Show no mercy.

Cut him some slack. If it wasn't for young guys like Lance annoying old guys like you linguists like me would be out of a job.
"If you're not sure where you are, but you haven't taken the time to stop and look at the map, you're not lost, just lazy." -Darran Wells

Postby lmatthewson » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:52 am

Wow, all I was looking for was a climbing connection (male or female), not a series of insulting replies in regards to my spelling.

You guys are cyber-bullies and need to spend more time enjoying the spirit of the outdoors.

Postby jmanner » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:01 pm

lmatthewson wrote:Wow, all I was looking for was a climbing connection (male or female), not a series of insulting replies in regards to my spelling.

You guys are cyber-bullies and need to spend more time enjoying the spirit of the outdoors.
:lol: =D>
Edit: seroiusly though don't let it get you down, the original guy was just kidding around(probably). Sounds like a fun trip! I can't go, but where were you going to go? Tonto trail ,Grandview area, both, neither?
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

Postby lmatthewson » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Palisades and Tanner

Postby jmanner » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:12 pm

lmatthewson wrote:Palisades and Tanner
Cool!
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

Postby mtgirl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Hope you have a great trip. I drew a backpacking permit in the lotto for a late September trip. I originally had one for last October, but when the government shutdown closed all the National Parks, my trip was cancelled. I was smart enough to request dates for a permit this year BEFORE October 1st in the event of another shutdown. My first trip a few years back was so incredible that returning was pretty much mandatory. :)
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Postby DaveSwink » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:35 pm

lmatthewson wrote:Wow, all I was looking for was a climbing connection (male or female), not a series of insulting replies in regards to my spelling

Even gentle humor does not always come across in Internet forums. Jomagam posts positively about outdoor activities (rock climbing/trail running) all of the time so I would encourage you to take the comments as friendly ribbing.

This forum is a great place to meet partners. Be patient with us and come back. I hope you get a partner for the Grand Canyon and post a TR.

Edit: Wish I could get free to go.

Next