Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

PSA - bc skis on sale at BentGate

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

PSA - bc skis on sale at BentGate

Postby nkan02 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:57 am

Just fyi, Bent Gate has a really good sale going on right now. They are getting rid of their demo fleet of skis, and have new ones on sale as well. As an example, saw men's SkiLogiks for $200 (demos) and $400 (new). Anybody looking to upgrade, add to their quiver, etc, should check it out. Goods are selling out fast, visually it's about half left now what it was a week ago. And of course, their staff is very knowledgeable and it's a local shop.

Re: PSA - bc skis on sale at BentGate

Postby MonGoose » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 pm

nkan02 wrote:And of course, their staff is very knowledgeable and it's a local shop.

Every time I go to Bent Gate all the workers are busy assisting one or two female customers while the rest of the shop is filled with male customers trying to find product information on their cell phones. I'm glad it works out for you. :)

Postby Bean » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Last time I was at Bent Gate, the dude "helping" us went downstairs to find something but was so stoned he forgot and never came back. Eventually turned out that the item I was there for wasn't in stock, despite calling ahead and verifying that it was, in fact, in stock.

Just because a shop is local doesn't mean it's any good.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby jmanner » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:27 pm

Bean wrote:Last time I was at Bent Gate, the dude "helping" us went downstairs to find something but was so stoned he forgot and never came back. Eventually turned out that the item I was there for wasn't in stock, despite calling ahead and verifying that it was, in fact, in stock.

Just because a shop is local doesn't mean it's any good.
MonGoose wrote:
nkan02 wrote:And of course, their staff is very knowledgeable and it's a local shop.

Every time I go to Bent Gate all the workers are busy assisting one or two female customers while the rest of the shop is filled with male customers trying to find product information on their cell phones. I'm glad it works out for you. :)
:lol: :lol:
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock

Postby nkan02 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Gee people, you definitely need to go shopping there with me :) I cannot make 5 steps inside without being asked if I need any help. I probably look very helpless :(