Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (April 3)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (April 3)

Postby kansas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:00 am

nkan02 wrote:I don't like/drink/understand hops, so I'll gladly skip this one (and the drive). Have fun ya'll.

Fully half of the tap list at the moment are NOT hoppy styles.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby nkan02 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:20 am

kansas wrote:
nkan02 wrote:I don't like/drink/understand hops, so I'll gladly skip this one (and the drive). Have fun ya'll.

Fully half of the tap list at the moment are NOT hoppy styles.

Thanks, but I must be technologically challenged, because what I see on their front page (from the link that Jeff posted) is all above my pay grade. :) No worries at all - more for you, right?

Postby Scotzman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Beeeeeeer :-D Let's raise a glass or two to celebrate past conquests, future endeavors and delusions of grandeur in our minds.
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby SurfNTurf » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 am

I realize it's a haul for most (especially when the destination is Stapleton), but if anyone wants to swing a quick pre-HH hike around Golden, I could meet at 5.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby SilverLynx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Further north for a change... I can give you a definite maybe.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:02 am

SurfNTurf wrote:I realize it's a haul for most (especially when the destination is Stapleton), but if anyone wants to swing a quick pre-HH hike around Golden, I could meet at 5.

Yeah, nope. See everyone at the brewery. :lol:
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Cookiehiker » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:18 am

The weather is keeping me away from this HH! Have fun and see you all next month!

Postby Scotzman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Cookiehiker wrote:The weather is keeping me away from this HH! Have fun and see you all next month!

Booo
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Previous