Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Did winter come early in the Sangres or what??

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: Did winter come early in the Sangres or what??

Postby dehrlich101 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:01 pm

spadflyer12 wrote:Does anyone have a good view of the Crestones? I'm hoping to do the North Pillar tomorrow, but don't really want to do it with snow or ice on route....

I saw a dusting of snow on the western aspects of the Crestones yesterday while driving by them.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Postby spadflyer12 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:35 am

jdorje wrote:north is probably a bad idea. can't see that area though.

Yeah, we made it up the North Pillar without a problem, but the North Butress had quite a bit of snow on it. We decided that attempting the 5.2 downclimb and 4th class unprotected slab traverse from Northeast Crestone to the main notch in the 25+mph winds with snow on the trail would be a bad idea, so we bailed down to Bear's Playground. Was still a pretty epic climb.

Postby jdorje » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:43 pm

I don't think it's quite winter, but fall has arrived right on time about an hour ago.

Previous