Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2013 14er Dance Off Challenge

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: 2013 14er Dance Off Challenge

Postby djkest » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 am

Waiting for someone to get a bunch of Sorority girls to climb Grays Peak and do a version of the Harlem Shake...
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby Delorean_Man » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:50 am

Not sure if anyone has the seen the worlds highest harlem shake video or not. These needs to happen on a 14er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07jLHp6W_uI
I would rather sit on a mountain and think about God than sit in church and think about the mountains.

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:55 am

djkest wrote:Waiting for someone to get a bunch of Sorority girls to climb Grays Peak and do a version of the Harlem Shake...

Ask and you shall receive.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby speth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:26 am

USAKeller wrote:
MonGoose wrote:And just like that Speth has the first individual 14er Dance Off entry of the season.

Not a bad way to start things off, but Matt, you need to move them hips a little more if you want to stand a chance against the ladies! :wink:

If only I had hips... :(
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby peter303 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:40 am

Yet another 14ers competition!
Dance on top of every 14er.
Dance your way up and on top every 14er.

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 am

peter303 wrote:Yet another 14ers competition!

I am still waiting for Bill M. to create the disco ball logo for our peak lists.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby semitrueskerm » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:57 am

SilverLynx wrote:

I am still waiting for Bill M. to create the disco ball logo for our peak lists.

+1 On the Disco Ball Logo! That would be AWESOME! \:D/

Postby globreal » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:01 pm

semitrueskerm wrote:
SilverLynx wrote:

+1 On the Disco Ball Logo! That would be AWESOME! \:D/

Poor Bill…his work is never done.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby forbins_mtn » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:14 pm

So I can get to the top of these bad boys, I can whip out the dance moves but how the hell do I sync the audio and video? What program is everyone using?

Postby MonGoose » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:07 pm

forbins_mtn wrote:So I can get to the top of these bad boys, I can whip out the dance moves but how the hell do I sync the audio and video? What program is everyone using?

Windows Movie Maker and Apple iMovie are both free programs that come with their respective operating systems.

For best results in making your video:
1) use a small tripod,
2) play some music on your cellphone or ipod to get the rhythm of the song while you're dancing and
3) put it all together in one of the movie softwares, overlaying the .mp3 of the song on top of the video.

Postby Tortoise1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:55 pm

With the sport already suffering so many volume related issues in fragile alpine ecosystems I would think the strippers poles should be placed at trailhead parking lots.

Postby forbins_mtn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:37 am

Thanks mongoose. My video is in the works.

PreviousNext