Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

san luis peak conditions and camping beta

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

san luis peak conditions and camping beta

Postby Erckle » Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 am

I hiked little bear last week, and noticed significantly less amounts of snow that in the elks where i hail. i am wondering if anyone has any beta on the current conditions for west willow route on san luis peak, as far as bring snowshoes and avi equipment do you think it is necessary with the current coverage? also i am wondering if there is a nice little camp site close to the trail head. much appreciated and happy trails y'all

Re: san luis peak conditions and camping beta

Postby Fisching » Sun May 26, 2013 11:47 am

Wildlobo71 and the SilverLynx are going San Luis this weekend. Shoot them a PM.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby theguydog14 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Just hiked San Luis from Stewart Creek side (standard route)... Carried axe and micro spikes and never used either one of them. Minimal snow snow down there. Leave the avi gear at home

Postby Erckle » Sun May 26, 2013 6:11 pm

thanks theguydog! stoked to get back in the swing of summit season