Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Cristo Couloir

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: Cristo Couloir

Postby Steve Climber » Fri May 24, 2013 9:33 am

Bump again. Was originally looking at Skywalker or Dragon's Tail tomorrow, but a friend wants to join and make a 1st snow climb this weekend, so I'm thinking Cristo will be better suited. Looking at alpine start, maybe be on summit for sunrise and back down before anything softens up too much.

Anyone have any info?

Cheers!
Sam
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby jeremy27 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:01 am

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=13504

Pic 5 looks like Cristo to me. But I'm terrible at the old "what mountain is that" game.

Postby SchralpTheGnar » Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am

yep, that's cristo in that last pic, the wide couloir heading left off the summit of the tallest peak, the famous Mount Quandary Peak

Postby Steve Climber » Fri May 24, 2013 10:24 am

Rad! I hadn't seen this TR. Cristo looks in from here. Maybe a little boney up top for riding, but seems good for a climb.

Thanks!
Sam
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby aliciaf » Sun May 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Update for anyone interested: Was up Cristo Couloir today. Parked about a half mile below the dam due to some snow still covering the road. Summited by 10am or so and took a short break up top. The first 1/3 of the ski down was still pretty firm, but we had a continuous ski from the summit all the way back to the dam (just a couple of spots that you had to carefully maneuver around). The remaining 2/3 of the ski was good corn snow. Started to get really soft by time we got to the dam, so we timed it just right.

Previous