Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Aconcagua Dec 2013 - Jan 2014

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Aconcagua Dec 2013 - Jan 2014

Postby herdbull » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm in the planning stages of an unguided solo trip to SA next winter to Climb Aconcagua and figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else was heading there to do the same. My thinking is (2) solo climbers could keep each other company, keep an eye on one another, and maybe split some costs here or there (mules, hostel, things like that).

Shoot me a pm for more details or if you are interested.

Thanks,

Travis

Re: Aconcagua Dec 2013 - Jan 2014

Postby SteveBonowski » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:54 pm

I am leading a CMC (Colorado Mountain Club) trip to Aconcagua, leaving November 25. As with a prior Club trip, I'll be using outfitter services up to and including base camp, but no guides. We're using Aymara from Mendoza again. You will need to buy at least sanitary services from an outfitter, and I note you're interested also in mules and hostel.

Here's their web site. www.aconcaguaaymara.com . I know Club members who have gotten good services also from Grajales. Steve

Re: Aconcagua Dec 2013 - Jan 2014

Postby schrund » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:52 pm

SteveBonowski wrote: good services also from Grajales. Steve

+1 on Grajales, they would serve you well on trekking to and from base camp and with Mules
We did not think of the great open plains, the beautiful rolling hills, and winding streams... as "wild". Only to the white man was nature a "wilderness".
-Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Chief