Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Thruhike of the 14ers

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Thruhike of the 14ers

Postby jdawud » Sun May 26, 2013 11:45 am

Hello 14ers.com folks!

It's been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to let those that are keeping track know that a start date has been confirmed: July 20th. Soon the odyssey begins!

We are ramping up the training and planning and we are really pumped to hit the trail!

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Postby Dex » Sun May 26, 2013 3:45 pm

jdawud wrote:Hello 14ers.com folks!

It's been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to let those that are keeping track know that a start date has been confirmed: July 20th. Soon the odyssey begins!

We are ramping up the training and planning and we are really pumped to hit the trail!

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Do you have an equipment list on that site?

Also, how many calories are you aiming for each day and what will you be eating?
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby jdawud » Mon May 27, 2013 12:04 am

Dex, there isn't a gear list, though we will put out an update before leaving that will have one. Calories per day will be around 6000 to 9000, though it will start out lower. It takes a few weeks before the metabolism figures out it needs to be elevated. I'll be doing an update in the next few weeks that will be all about food.

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Postby Dex » Mon May 27, 2013 6:30 am

jdawud wrote:Dex, there isn't a gear list, though we will put out an update before leaving that will have one. Calories per day will be around 6000 to 9000, though it will start out lower. It takes a few weeks before the metabolism figures out it needs to be elevated. I'll be doing an update in the next few weeks that will be all about food.

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Thanks - we could learn from your experience. Let us know when it is posted.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby jdawud » Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Hey 14ers Forumers!

I'm happy to announce that we have partnered with Big City Mountaineers to make the 14ers Thru-Hike a Summit For Someone challenge. Luke and I think it is a great charity and hope that you'll consider including them as part of your charitable givings. If you want to donate please go to http://www.summitforsomeone.org/donate?page=4&climber=8692 and click on the donate button. Big City Mountaineers is a 501c3 and all donations are tax deductible. Also, no donations to BCM will go to us, it will only give us a mental and motivational boost.

Take care all and happy hiking!

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Postby jdawud » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:58 pm

hey all, there is a new update on the website. T minus 25 days and counting! We are getting very pumped!

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Postby ajkagy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:09 pm

will you have a SPOT on for tracking?
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby hilo21 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Good luck! I'll be cheering you on!

Postby jdawud » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Ajkagy, we will be carrying a SPOT Connect and doing checkins from peaks and camps and such. Thanks Hilo21!

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Postby Floriado » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Good luck. will watch your progress.

Postby jdawud » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:13 am

For those interested, I'm doing a short presentation tonight (June 26) at 7 at the GoLite store in Boulder, CO. It will be about my two PCT hikes, distance hiking generally, and the upcoming 14ers ThruHike.

Perhaps I'll see some of you there!

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Postby jdawud » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:39 pm

For those interested in following along on SPOT, I just set it up! Email me at 14ersthruhike@gmail.com with the subject "add to spot list" and I'll do just that.

Less than 20 days to go now!

Junaid Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

PreviousNext