Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Looking for my Husband

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Looking for my Husband

Postby Kirstenhn » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello, I need to contact my husband. He went hiking but I'm not sure where he went. He is driving a Silver Honda Accord 2002, License plate 211VPN. If you see his car at any trailhead, please call or text me as soon as possible---720-354-8111. He is about 6'1", slender build, dirty blond hair. He would be carrying a large red backpacking backpack.

Thank you,
Kirsten

Re: Looking for Husband

Postby mountaingirlmandy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm not out on the trails right now, but I'm keeping you in my thoughts as you try and locate him. Keep us posted!
The BEST is yet to come!

Postby CO Native » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Is this an emergency, or are you just trying to get a hold of him? Any general idea at all of his location, i.e. within an hour or two drive of you?
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Postby Kirstenhn » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Yes, this is a family emergency. We live in Highlands Ranch... I'm guessing he's hiking from a trailhead within 1-3 hours from our home. I appreciate any help you all can provide.

Postby wildlobo71 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm afraid most people who see this, who were out hiking today, won't see it until they return and won't know to be on the lookout for your husband and his car. I hope this is incorrect, but... I hope he gets home soon for your sake - he didn't say a thing about where he'd be going?
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby RoanMtnMan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:20 pm

If he is still missing and you have not already done so, please call 911 asap. Timing is crucial. They will alert the sheriffs' depts and SAR operations immediately, which is about as good as you can get in America. Given the weather and proximity though, I am very hopeful that he just got tired and took a bit more time. Perhaps a SPOT monitor would be a good gift for the next holiday gift?
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby Kirstenhn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:43 am

I have notified law enforcement and they put out an all points on the car. Unfortunately, we don't know where to look for him.

Re: Looking for my Husband

Postby screeman57 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:27 am

I truly hope this is resolved soon, but I think people are still not clear on what the situation is. If he did not come home on time and is actually missing, contacting the authorities is essential. But if you just need to contact him about a family emergency, it is probably not (and doing so without being clear may initiate an unnecessary search).
"Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was." -Dag Hammarskjold

Postby Johnnnyutah » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:10 am

Right Now were are focusing our search for the sliver 2002 Honda Accord Licence # 211VPN Please keep and eye out for the car at trail heads.

Postby colokeith » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 am

I really hope everything is ok with your family, and your husband!! I mean that sincerely!

However, something just seems strange about this. I think it is the lack of information / clarity that is making me suspicious. There is no information about whether he is missing or if you just need to contact him. Were you expecting him home last night? From the latest post I would assume you are still attempting to get ahold of him. Heck we don't know that he isn't purposely avoiding you (Not saying that is happening, but it is certainly a possibility)

I think adding a little more information about this, would increase the number of people who are willing to help out.
Last edited by colokeith on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson

Postby Johnnnyutah » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:32 am

We wish we had more information, Right now all we have to go off of is that he was very stressed from work and he went hiking. This is very untypical for him leave and not give the family a route of his hike. He is an advanced climber and has a goal of hiking all the 14ers.

last contact was at 8:00 AM Saturday the 30th of June. From Highland Ranch area
He had only taken his hiking boots, trek polls and red backpack. (No climbing gear or camping gear)
Cell went out of service around 10:00 - 10:30 (went straight to voice-mail)
Credit card statements & bank show no activity
Authorities Have been notified and have his Licence # in there system.

Family members are checking the the parking lots of the 14ers trail head.
We are getting really worried about his safety and we are getting anxious to find the car so we can start searching.
Any help would be appreciated

Postby GregMiller » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 am

Could you please post any good pictures that you have of him? Or of the car or his gear?

EDIT - nevermind, see here: viewtopic.php?t=35982&p=428992#p428992
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Next