High points for TM

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
jimlup
14ers: 27  1 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jimlup »

PatsSox09 wrote:Check Bill's TM Highpoint tracking page. I did Washington about 3 weeks ago via Lion Head, planning on summitting the rest over the course of the summer.
You say "I did Washington" so causually I almost missed it. Congrats! That is so cool that we got Rainer in the list! TM would be very proud!
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...
PatsSox09
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by PatsSox09 »

thanks for the congrats jimlup, although you probably misunderstood, as I meant Washington as in Mt. Washington, not Rainier (definitely not ready for that one yet). Hopefully we'll see someone post a nice TR of it in the near future, along with Granite and Gannett.
jimlup
14ers: 27  1 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jimlup »

PatsSox09 wrote:thanks for the congrats jimlup, although you probably misunderstood, as I meant Washington as in Mt. Washington, not Rainier (definitely not ready for that one yet). Hopefully we'll see someone post a nice TR of it in the near future, along with Granite and Gannett.
Actually Mt. Washington is an achievement in itself - again congrates! I may get to give it a shot late this fall if weather permits.

Tomboh_6 did get Mt. Rainer! I checked the high points page but didn't cross check the user name :oops: While I'm not ready for Rainer, I've been studying the routes already, I assumed that "Lions Head" was a route I hadn't learned yet :?
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...
KenE
14ers: 31 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (0)

Tennessee

Post by KenE »

6-20-07

My Dad and I climbed (for lack of a better word) Clingman's Dome, the highest point in Tennessee this morning.

I'll probably be able to do the trip report and photos early next week.

This Dew's for you TM.

Ken and Bill
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Tennessee

Post by Matt »

KenE wrote:6-20-07

My Dad and I climbed (for lack of a better word) Clingman's Dome, the highest point in Tennessee this morning.
KenE,
You have to admit, the concrete mushroom deck on top is pretty cool. You could break a sweat--that is, if you sprint from the car to the top.
How were the views?
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
neighbor
Trip Reports (0)

Post by neighbor »

neighbor wrote:i'll sign his name in on a remote 3k mtn in nh.
maybe w. tucker
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=44. ... ize=l&s=50
today 8-5-07 i bushwhacked to this peak and signed talus monkey into the jar at the summit. it also concluded my nh 3000 footer list at 176 peaks. if i can figure out how to put up a photo of the summit/w jar i will.
R.I.P. talus monkey.
where's houdini???
Darryl Dunlap
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Darryl Dunlap »

Talus Monkey's name has the honor of being the first name in the summit log on Sneffels as of 7/22/2007.
"A great loss of a wonderful person clouds us tonight, Rest In Peace David...."
TalusMonkeys sister
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TalusMonkeys sister »

Thanks to all of you for continuing to remember and honor David. Please keep it up. Thank you all.
Thank you all for loving my brother and being his friends. You all sound like amazing friends. I can't thank you enough. Holly Newsome
jmzody69
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by jmzody69 »

I can't figure out how to post a photo (help anyone?). But our family climbed Harney Peak last month in honor of the Talus Monkey.
Aubrey
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (128)

Post by Aubrey »

Aspen Summit wrote:Ummmm Aubrey......that point to the right of u look a tad higher :wink:

Knight
:lol: Yeah, it does look much higher :shock: It's just photo trickery. But don't fret, we got that one, too! > Montgomery Peak, a nearby 13er, just across the border in California. Interesting ridge.

BTW, stay tuned everyone ... may soon have another high peak w/TM by my side.

Keep climbing, everyone.
Aubrey
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (128)

Post by Aubrey »

jmzody69 wrote:I can't figure out how to post a photo (help anyone?). But our family climbed Harney Peak last month in honor of the Talus Monkey.
- go to the 14ers.com Forum main page and click on "14ers toolbox"
- click on "Upload an image for use in the Forum ONLY"
- type/select all the info, then click on upload image
- click/drag and copy the black/bold text (below the entry boxes) with the .jpg extension
- paste that into your forum post
- select it again and click on the "Img" button (to set the code around it)
- click "preview" to make sure it works; then post that sucka'

[may help if your image is 72 dpi and no more than 600 pixels wide]

Hope this helps!
Gra8ful
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Gra8ful »

Will be in New York next week, not terribly far from Mt Marcy.

It's a classic catch-22 for me.

If my work goes well, then I will be unable to make it to Lake Placid. But I will get paid and that's a good thing.

If work goes not so well, then I will have the weekend off and will high point Mt. Marcy in honor of TM. His name will be in the register. And that is a great thing.
'All the darkness in the world cannot hide the light of one candle'-Nelson Mandela