Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

hiked Harney Peak in memory of T.M.

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

hiked Harney Peak in memory of T.M.

Postby yoak » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:12 pm

I was able to go up to Rapid City for the Fourth of July and wanted to hike Harney Peak. just my girlfriend and me on the original slate for the hike up to the highest point east of the Rockies til Europe, turned into my girl and me, my two nephew
s, 1st cousin and her nephew. i told them of TalusMonkey and we hiked it in his memory.

Last edited by yoak on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby yoak » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:14 pm

Postby OBX Fisherman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm

Very Cool!!! I've hiked Harney Peak with TM, along with many, many other people! I think he's hiked that peak more than any other and introduced countless people to the joys of hiking!

Gary
88 XJ, 2 door, RE 4.5" lift + LA, 33" Swamper LTB, Hurculined, Caged, locked.
62 CJ-5 in process of restification.
92 4Runner, POS DD
85 yota truck, doner vehicle

Postby yoak » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:21 pm

thanks OBX! the four from left to right have never hiked a mountain! i hope they enjoyed it as much as i did.

i can only hope that i have as much impact on them and everyone i run into along the way as David Worthington had on everyone that knew, spoke, read his T.R.'s or heard of him.

didnt wanna do it but here goes

and yea its capn in my hand

Image :oops:

Postby TalusMonkeys sister » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Thanks for continuing to honor my brother. Wonderful report, and great Cap'n pose! Thanks again.
Thank you all for loving my brother and being his friends. You all sound like amazing friends. I can't thank you enough. Holly Newsome