Talusmonkey June Birthday / Memorial Hike

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
stevevets689
14ers: 55  5  1 
13ers: 53 2
Trip Reports (43)

Post by stevevets689 »

That pan is awesome! That's just two pics, isn't it?
Never argue with an idiot. They'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience.
denalibound
14ers: 32  7 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by denalibound »

jamienellis wrote:D'oh! Thanks Chris. I didn't even see him behind that party hat. :lol:

That one's going to be trickier...

My best guess is Kevin (denalibound's roommate)?
Yep, that's Kevin.
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

Another group summit shot....

swturner, USAKeller, Roozers42, and Skasgaard:
Last edited by USAKeller on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
14ers: 31 
13ers: 31
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Alex »

Sorry, I was too late to participate in the main party, but had a chance to see how Kessler did the most difficult part of the hike. It was amazing!
The only thing better than mountains are mountains to which you have never been!
TK
14ers: 17 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TK »

Thanks for the great time, and the wonderful opportunity to meet everyone. It's nice to finally see so many of you face-to-face. I just wish it was under less tragic circumstances.

After meeting so many friendly people and hitching rides in FOUR different vehicles (between the two of us and our backpacks), I wouldn't be surprised if my dad (Bob) suddenly starts posting on this forum.

I can't help thinking those shots at 2AM were someone taking a crack at me, as I had just finished peeing on a tree when the first one rang out!
Shad
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Shad »

Here is the link to all of my pictures from Sunday. If you want to download one just double click on the picture to make big then click on the download button.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/shadmika/al ... 2404615672

It was great meeting you all last Sunday!!!

Shad
Some succeed because they are destined to,
but most succeed because they are determined to.
-----unknown
Jeff_F
14ers: 41 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jeff_F »

Chiming in a lil late, but echoing much of what's been already said...good times...good times.

I too missed out on the big group photo, but just being there and summitting was great.

Jamie Nellis: Great job organizing things and glad to meet you.

Del_sur: Thanks for the lift up the road - no worries on the bumpiness. I'm sure you'll put the music to good use.

CODave and Kate: nice seeing you both again, and looking forward to more hikes in the not so distant future.

Stevevets689: Was nice hiking the last stretch with you and to have a little fun and add some scrambling at the end.

Was good meeting and hanging out with everyone else. Hope to hike with some of those I met again.

Cheers,
Jeff
The mountains are calling and I must go.
- - John Muir
TalusMonkeys sister
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TalusMonkeys sister »

Hello to everyone. I want to thank all of you for participating in this memorial hike for David. It sounds like it was a huge success, and I know that David would have loved to have been right there with all of you. I can't thank you enough for paying tribute to David in this way. Our mom and I are overwhelmed at the support you all have shown for David. I'm so glad the weather was nice for you, and that you all had such a good time. It sounds like you guys really risked getting your vehicles torn up on that road, too. Thank you all so much for this. It is priceless to us. Thanks to Jamie Nellis for organizing such a successful tribute hike. Thanks again to all of you, even those of you who couldn't be there, but wanted to be. We are so grateful to all of you.
Thank you all for loving my brother and being his friends. You all sound like amazing friends. I can't thank you enough. Holly Newsome
danielsb
Trip Reports (0)

Was A Hike To Remember

Post by danielsb »

It was a hike marked with a special meaning and it was nice to meet members of the forum. Thanks to those who made it happen.
Happy Trails
Dan
Colorado has been my life.