Talusmonkey June Birthday / Memorial Hike

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
roozers42
14ers: 49 
13ers: 53
Trip Reports (20)

Post by roozers42 »

swturner - didn't Kiefer just look ADORABLE? You're definitely not getting away that easily, Mr. Skasgaard.

del_sur - pleasure to meet you! I'll supply another cheesecake when hike together next!

Dave - nice job on the driving! WERE you going to get me with that bottle of whipped cream???? It does look a little scary.

Jamie - thank you very much for organizing the hike, it was great.

It was great to meet everyone!
We miss you, David.
Marmot Picture taken by David Worthington, 7/3/06
Rockymtnhigh69
14ers: 31 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Rockymtnhigh69 »

lordhelmut wrote:rockymtnhigh69,

You have a great dog (even though he barked at me in the TH, he was probably just trying to tell me its too early to be up right now or maybe cause I'm a die hard O's fan, pathetic I know), Labs are the best, yours is friggin enormous, we've got one back home 122lbs, thing is a walrus.
:lol: :lol:
Thanks! He is a great dog, he just wants to love and play with everyone..
I was a little worried that he was becoming a nuisance to some.. I understand now, that he ate somebody's cheesecake.. I am truly sorry! I had no idea.. :shock:

Great job with the Needle on Sunday.. I am going to venture a guess that was a great climb!
On my first take-off, I hit second gear and went through the speed limit on a two-lane blacktop highway full of ranch traffic. By the time I went up to third, I was going 75 and the tach was barely above 4000 rpm....
And that's when the Ducati got its second wind. From 4000 to 6000 in third will take you from 75 mph to 95 in two seconds - and after that, Bubba, you still have fourth, fifth, and sixth. Ho, ho.

~Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

(VT)
CODave
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 61 1
Trip Reports (31)

webmaster@talusmonkey.com

Post by CODave »

ATTN: For any of you who have emailed photos to webmaster@talusmonkey.com could you please resend? I goofed and that email address was not a valid address in my system. It is now setup correctly.

Thanks,
Dave
roozers42
14ers: 49 
13ers: 53
Trip Reports (20)

Post by roozers42 »

Rockymtnhigh69 - it's okay! It could have been a "crisis" but we got to the cheesecake before he did much more than lick it. And we ate it none-the-less (well, astrobassman got most of the doggie-licked part). :lol: Way to take one for the team, Colin!
Marmot Picture taken by David Worthington, 7/3/06
jamienellis
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 80
Trip Reports (5)

Post by jamienellis »

I'll take a stab at it! :wink:
Going L to R. I'll go around the outside (standing) circle first, then the inside.

Standing L-R:
Guitmo233, roozers42, CODave, swturner, astrobassman, kurty, del_sur, jamienellis

sitting L-R:
USAKeller, teufel, Kate, astrobassman's friend Jon, Kevin (?),sdkeil, highmountaindrifter, rockymountainhigh69, Jeter (the lab)

In the center (green & blue jackets): Scott & Chris P

(Skasgaard is the photographer)

Did I call anyone the wrong name???
Last edited by jamienellis on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Edit--I had an ADD moment.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
rj2000
14ers: 4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rj2000 »

Sorry I did not make it everyone. Not only was it Father's Day and I wanted to be with my little ladies, but I am still having issues with my back and I am not fully prepared for a 14er yet...I thought I would be.

I am glad all of you had a great time and the photos are outstanding. What a fitting way to give tribute to a great man many of us did not know.

Cheers!
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.
Chris P.
14ers: 55 
13ers: 37
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Chris P. »

It was great meeting all of you and the climb was a blast. Merlin, Thanks again for the ride up the road. Hiking that thing would have really sucked.

Jamie, I think you got all the names right, but I believe you left out one. Who is in the red jacket sitting behind sdkeil?
jamienellis
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 80
Trip Reports (5)

Post by jamienellis »

D'oh! Thanks Chris. I didn't even see him behind that party hat. :lol:

That one's going to be trickier...

My best guess is Kevin (denalibound's roommate)?
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
stevevets689
14ers: 55  5  1 
13ers: 53 2
Trip Reports (43)

Post by stevevets689 »

TR is now posted, it's in the Trip Report Section.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Merlin6803
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Merlin6803 »

[quote="Chris P."]Merlin, Thanks again for the ride up the road. Hiking that thing would have really sucked. quote]

No problem man, I am just glad my truck is still running and in one piece after that!! Thanks for spotting me on the way down. Rockymountainhigh69, how did your jeep fair on the way back down?? I didn't think it was near as bad as the way up, but my knuckles were still white on the steering wheel!!! Hope you did well!! Thanks again to everyone for such a great time, I'll never forget it!!

DAMN RACOONS AND PEOPLE SHOOTING AT 2 AM!!
Kiefer
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kiefer »

CODave, I'll be sending you a bunch of pics real soon. These are the last two I'll post here. I'll let Dave use the others.

On the summit...

At the saddle on Humboldt...I apologize, I don't know the two people with question marks. :oops:

Check out this Pan. of the Crestones I pieced together from Humboldt's summit. It came out flawlessly! I didn't upload the pic here because you can't enlarge it. :YY
Crestones and Broken Hand pass