Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

AT Bindings

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

AT Bindings

Postby ascent+descent=fun » Sun May 27, 2007 3:45 pm

So I just bought a pair of fritschi freeride bindings size long on a whim because they were real cheap, my question is, will they fit my size 28.5 boot? I realized that it may not be the right size right after I bought them. Thanks.

Postby Cruiser » Sun May 27, 2007 3:50 pm

Long goes down to a 325mm or 330mm boot sole, I think. Check your boots, but don't bet on it. Most 28.5's are close to that boot sole length, but not quite that long. Neither of my pairs of 28.5's were long enough for the long Freerides.
Where ever you are... There you are.

Postby thebeave7 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:54 pm

Technically you probably could adjust the longs to fit your boots, though it would be outside their marked and recommended range. Things that may be an issue could be the fact that your heal will be putting pressure right in the middle of the bar, and in general your foot would be set really far forward in the binding altering walking and the functionality of the lifters. I'd ask a tech, but you may be better off ebaying the longs you have and buying mediums. I am a 26.5 and the mediums ski wonderfully, actually just took them down Torreys yesterday.
Eric

Postby Geof3 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:05 pm

You'll need mediums. Trying to adjust the longs isn't a great option. Plus, I do think there is a limiter in the binding that it will only adjust so far. EBay is the ticket. Too bad I don't need long's... I need another pair for my newly acquired Seth Vicious ski's... Ooh can't wait!! I might just steal the pair of my Crossbows and mount them up... Haven't decided just yet. It is my first pair of twin tip fatties!!! Yahoo!!!
Blue Steel